[SOLVED] Bad ghosting on new PC monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyW123

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
System: gtx 1080ti / Ryzen 7 2700x / WD 3D NAND 500GB SSD / 16gb 3200mhz RAM / Noctua NH U14S / STRIX X-370F MOBO

My monitor: Westinghouse 32″ WQHD 144Hz AMD FreeSync Gaming Monitor
Model # WM32DX9019

Ghosting example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51oTnS92p8

Unfortunately the text demo did not work because it recorded the screen as orange for some reason, but it does leave trails on certain backgrounds and text against dark backgrounds. The video game portion shows it pretty clear as day. You can see a huge red streak ghost image of the red character against the white wall when I move my character from left to right. This issue is actually FULL screen. If I play an FPS for example, the entire screen will lightly darken until I've stopped moving. This is not very noticeable in well lit areas, but if there is anything even remotely dark or shadowed it becomes increasingly darker while moving.

It's not my DP cable as I've already tested multiple other cables including an HDMI. All have the same issue.

I've turned overdrive off and on with no difference in the monitor settings. I've tried every mode it offers with no difference. I've messed with NVIDIA control panel options with no difference. So I'm wondering if the monitor just has this issue by default being a VA panel or if it may possibly be damaged internally in some way, or if there is something some place I'm not seeing that could fix this whole issue entirely.

Thank you for any input.

Solution
There are other va panels that don't ghost so it's not a va issue necessarily. It comes down to the panel model and they just use a terribly slow cheap panel. It looks like the cheapest 32" 2k 144hz monitor and you get what you pay for. I'd get a refund and get a different monitor.
There are other va panels that don't ghost so it's not a va issue necessarily. It comes down to the panel model and they just use a terribly slow cheap panel. It looks like the cheapest 32" 2k 144hz monitor and you get what you pay for. I'd get a refund and get a different monitor.

Solution

tommyW123

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020

Ok so banking on that it's just how the monitor performs right? I saw a review saying he didn't notice any ghosting, but he probably just wasn't coherent enough to tell the difference. I'll see what I can do with a return / warranty.

You see those kinds of reviews everywhere even on monitors known for their ghosting. Some people just don't know what they are seeing when they have been used to it their whole life. Others can see it easily even when they've never seen a good monitor before. There's a chance it could be faulty but I'm seeing a normal amount for a budget va panel.

tommyW123

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
You see those kinds of reviews everywhere even on monitors known for their ghosting. Some people just don't know what they are seeing when they have been used to it their whole life. Others can see it easily even when they've never seen a good monitor before. There's a chance it could be faulty but I'm seeing a normal amount for a budget va panel.

Plugged in my spare dell D2719HGF just to compare and ZERO ghosting with a clear image during all movement. DEFINITELY the poor VA panel on the westinghouse monitor. Thanks again for your replies. Best answer can be selected for k1114 as he was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.