Question BAD GPU or MONITOR?

lmsrcmig06

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello! After installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1903, my MSI Armor RX 480 8 GB OC's Wattman settings crash and make my monitor black for some seconds randomly while using my PC. Also, Windows seems to block applications from acessing GPU drivers and crash them (which is extremely annoying in CS:GO). Not only that, but my monitor flickers green/yellow once whille logging in and sometimes wakes up of sleep with extremely bad colors (green/yellow). I took a screenshot while this was happening and it turned out to be good, so it's not a problem with the GPU. Also, my monitor (AOC G2460PF) works more than fine in any other conditions, so it's either a problem with Windows or the beta drivers I installed for it (I'll install WHQL ones and update if it fixed itself). Given all of this, and me having already clean installed Windows for 5 times, downloading and installing all GPU drivers I had time four and doing even hardware changes (switching my GPU to my second RX 480 sitting on a drawer, switching RAM slots and every troubleshooting tip AMD forum """experts""" told me to or that I found online) or even software changes (unninstalling or messing with MSI Afterburner settings, benchmarking Superposition for stability, but the problem is only delay, happens less frequently or just doesn't work at all. I once couldn't even boot because of logging-in-BSODS. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit sitting in a pen drive (WITH USB drivers, so don't worry), but I'm always expecting Windows to fix itself, but I'm starting to lose hope and wanting to go back to the olden Windows 7 (I can dual boot to test it, too). Am i missing something? Again, this is NOT a hardware problem! So many people have this problem with many different PCs and GPUs (even NVidia ones, but WAY less frequent), so it's NOThardware problem. I just want a second opinion. If Windows or AMD drivers get fixed with an update, I'll switch back to Windows 10. Also, thanks to tomshware saving my text, because windows "blocked chrome.exe from accessing gpu drivers" while writing all of this. I hate Windows 10 and unstable AMD drivers... Thanks for any help.

lmsrcmig06

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
I've already followed that website closely, but to no avail, but thanks anyways... This is just a driver problem because every BSOD, crash and warning is related to bad/incompatible drivers... I got to love Windows 10 + AMD's unstable drivers... I installed Windows 7, so let's see what we get.