[SOLVED] Bad GPU or PSU?

Jan 19, 2019
Hi guys my 2 year old pc is starting to have some problems. I believe its either the GPU or PSU. I have two monitors both plugged into the GPU 100% sure of that. When i first power the system on the GPU fans seem to be running and working normally. After about 10-20 seconds the fans go off and the gpu goes down to 0-2% in task manager. This just started happening out of the blue havent done anything to the pc in about 4-6 months. Every once in a while, as im gaming the gpu kicks in and jumps to like 60-80% usage but the fans dont kick in and it doesnt last long about 2-5 seconds. I updated my gpu driver about a week ago, so first i checked to see if there was any new updates which there wasnt. Now i just rolled back the gpu driver to see if that was the problem no luck. I have completely removed it form the motherboard and cpu and reinstalled it no luck. Im just nervous my psu might be going out and im not trying to fry the rest of my system. its weird because the gpu still works like my pc works fine except while gaming, monitors still come up no problem no blue screens or anything

ps msi armor 1060 6gb oc
psu seasonic 650w gold

Solution
You have a lot more problems than the GPU. Everything is way below what it should be.

I'm thinking if I was in your shoes the first thing I would do is rerun that test checking both cpu temps and clockspeed during the cpu tests. If the speed is showing to be okay and it's not overheating then I would wipe os drive and fresh install Windows.
Jan 19, 2019

i appreciate the response man but lol its not working as intended im getting 30 fps in csgo with a 1060

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You have a lot more problems than the GPU. Everything is way below what it should be.

I'm thinking if I was in your shoes the first thing I would do is rerun that test checking both cpu temps and clockspeed during the cpu tests. If the speed is showing to be okay and it's not overheating then I would wipe os drive and fresh install Windows.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019

cpu speed is saying average 818.0 mhz with maximum of 1200.00
core temps are running at average 20 degrees c
core distance to tjmax is average 80 degrees c