[SOLVED] Bad GPU?

Aug 17, 2020
Hey, couple of days ago I was playing a game which doesn't use more than 50% of GPU and it's very light, and my pc suddenly shutdown, I tried to power it on and no luck, 2nd, 3rd time, then I tried the basic fixes like turning off PSU and holding the power button for x seconds, and when I tried to power my PC again my GPU ( 90% sure ) burned, until then when i try to power my pc no fans are spinning, nothing, but when I try integrated gpu, my pc just boots and works fine, although I have some random color flashing crashes which I am sure is overheating problems since when I cool it good I don't have that problem, whenever I plug my gpu back and try, same, fans are not spinning at all, it's an R9 270 Gigabyte, I already ordered a new GPU, so I'm scared if it's PCI -e slot or something.. what's your opinion? :)
also, I can't see any damage on the gpu whatsoever..

Solution
sharkoon sha550w
That's probably one of your problems.

Poor quality power supplies are renowned for damaging other hardware. There is every possibility the PSU has damaged the GPU or the PSU is simply tripping when trying to run a dedicated GPU.

and the other one is molex to 6pin
Are you currently using a molex adapter? If so, this is also cause for concern as you shouldn't use these kinds of adapters from poor quality PSUs to power PCIe. It's asking for trouble unfortunately.
Aug 17, 2020
I just use it for light gaming,
Intel i5 3470 3,60 ghz
8 gb ram /1600mhz
gigabyte r9 270
asus h61m-k
sharkoon sha550w
Also what might be the problem is that this psu has 1x6 pin connector and the other one is molex to 6pin, the card I ordered is very similar it just uses less power and 1x6 pin, so hope it's okay with this psu

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
sharkoon sha550w

Poor quality power supplies are renowned for damaging other hardware. There is every possibility the PSU has damaged the GPU or the PSU is simply tripping when trying to run a dedicated GPU.

and the other one is molex to 6pin
Are you currently using a molex adapter? If so, this is also cause for concern as you shouldn't use these kinds of adapters from poor quality PSUs to power PCIe. It's asking for trouble unfortunately.

Solution
Aug 17, 2020

Thanks, now I'm on the iGPU, this new gpu requires 1x6 so I won't use molex, but I'll upgrade my psu to a quality one asap, just hoping that my mobo is good