[SOLVED] Bad i7-9700k/1080 Results

Acekase924

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Hello all! I recently upgraded my PC with some new parts and I was comparing some results with other runs (firestrike) and I have come to the conclusion that my PC is not preforming like others. I will have a link to my run and can someone please give me there insight on what could possibly be wrong? Thanks!

PC SPECS: i7-9700K Stock | Corsair H100i Pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z-390E | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 O/C to 1900mhz | Corsair CX750-M | PNY SSD Boot | 1TB WD Blue and Black

Solution
Well can't really compare to the first result as they've overclocked cpu and gpu. Your cpu does appear to be underperforming with your physics (cpu) score much lower vs the 2nd result @ 4.8 despite their graphics card also overclocked.

Also keep in mind you don't know the state of their Windows and how many background services are disabled to manage scores. In saying that, im not sure what the average casual score would be for a 9700k under normal conditions.

After upgrading, did you do a full wipe / clean install of Windows? I don't mean reset, i mean a fresh install booting from a usb stick.

Acekase924

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well can't really compare to the first result as they've overclocked cpu and gpu. Your cpu does appear to be underperforming with your physics (cpu) score much lower vs the 2nd result @ 4.8 despite their graphics card also overclocked.

Also keep in mind you don't know the state of their Windows and how many background services are disabled to manage scores. In saying that, im not sure what the average casual score would be for a 9700k under normal conditions.

After upgrading, did you do a full wipe / clean install of Windows? I don't mean reset, i mean a fresh install booting from a usb stick.

Reactions: Acekase924
Solution

Acekase924

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015

No just turned that puppy back on. Scared I will mess something up lol

Acekase924

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015

Ok look, I can only assume this is bad, i'm tech savvy. But not that tech savvy. I have a 131 background processess up. I assume thats bad. How to I clean that out?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Here's how to do a clean install. You'll want to do that, the system would be cluttered with different drivers and the registry would be a mess.

If you don't have a dvd drive to use the motherboard driver cd, download the lan driver from your motherboard's website to on an external drive/ usb stick in case Windows doesn't install lan driver and prevent you connecting to the internet to update Windows and install the rest of your drivers for the motherboard.

Acekase924

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Here's how to do a clean install. You'll want to do that, the system would be cluttered with different drivers and the registry would be a mess.

If you don't have a dvd drive to use the motherboard driver cd, download the lan driver from your motherboard's website to on an external drive/ usb stick in case Windows doesn't install lan driver and prevent you connecting to the internet to update Windows and install the rest of your drivers for the motherboard.
Ok will any programs, documents pictures ect. be affected?