Question Bad LOD in all games

qazihashmi74

Honorable
Sep 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Ever since I first got my computer, I played a lot of games and didn't first notice it but when I played a few games on someone else's computer I realized that my computer has a bad lod on all games especially the shadows are terrible. I thought it's the hardware so I even upgraded my computer but the problem persists. The computer I used to have had the following specs:
Core 2 duo E8400
Dell Optiplex 760 Motherboard(that's what it says in system info)
2GB RAM
No GPU(later added a Radeon HD 8490 but the problem remained)
Windows 7 Pro 32bit

Now I have the following specs:
Core i5 3450
Some Intel motherboard(I am on a different computer right now)
8GB RAM
EVGA GTX 1060 3GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

The problem persists even now on every single game. There is a point a few meters from the player character where this problem occurs. Everything near the player is ok but at the distance its not. Also in games with dynamic lights the shadows have this grain effect on the corners which make them look bad. Game without dynamic lights have ok shadows but the lod problem occurs. I have also noticed that my computer never renders the highest resolution of textures, on games and on other software like unity, cryengine, blender etc. But the software are using the correct amount of video memory like they are supposed to. Any solutions for this?

Lutfij

Titan
First and foremost, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. I'm leaning towards the PSU being a second hand unit that was used to patch your pseudo new build together.

Might also want to share where you got the games from.

qazihashmi74

Honorable
Sep 30, 2018
Thermaltake Litepower Series GEN2 450W PSU, I don't know its age since the guy at the shop built the computer for me but I believe it to be a second hand unit. How does a PSU affect graphics though? And I got the games from a local game store.
Edit: Let's say the games are the problem but what about unity and cryengine. They shouldn't have this problem. And gta 4 which I got from the same person(on whose computer it ran ok) would also get this problem.

Last edited: