Mar 14, 2011
First of all thanks for reading, and trying to help. here are my speccs

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20 Ghz
MSI 870A FUZION socket AM3
4 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX memory
Nvidia Geforce Gtx 460se
3 SATA HDs, 1 DVDRW
650W ANTEC powersupply Trio

The problem is that when I'm transferring data from the pc to the flash drive, it ejects by itself. There random ejects, in the beginning, half ways, and when it's about to finish. These are the things I've done:

Tried my Kingston 8gb traveler on another PC. Works fine!
Updating Drivers: Chipset
Disconnecting front USB Panel cables just in case the cables were bad, No Good!
Tried my friends flash and it still doesn't works
Added a PCI USB Adapter
Last thing I tried was using an external hard drive, this works fine. but I think it works because it has it's own power cable.

I've tried going through the bios and it doesn't give me any usb options. So if you guys any other tips or tricks. I'm guessing the there's not enough juice going to the USB ports. Thanks in advance!!

dkraptor

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
So, you tried the front case usb ports. Did you try connecting the flash directly into the motherboards rear panel usb ports? If so, does it have the same problems? Did you use the USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports?

antecfan

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

There all usb 2.0 except for one is 3.0, yes I trier front panel and straight to the back of the motherboard

dkraptor

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
did you always have the same problems? In my opinion, you have the following options. First, try a Bios update. After, reinstall the chipset and usb drivers (not the ones from the original cd/dvd). If you ask me, i'd try with a clean install of a different OS (don't know what are you using right now; if you're using xp/vista, try Win7, or the other way around). And if you still have these problems after all these steps, contact the MSI customer support, in case you need to return the mb.

antecfan

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Even after receiving a new motherboard from MSI i got the same problem. I just ended up buying a new flashdrive and it worked fine. Even after doing a fresh install of windows 7 i got the same problem.