Build Advice Bad motherboard or power supply

Chris Page

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
So today i bought a ryzen 2600 and tried to pair it with a B350 Plus motherboard, but to my surprise when i hooked up everything the only thing that worked were the red LEDs on the motherboard (no fans and the computer wouldnt start) Im just wondering if this board is defective or is my power supply inadequate ( Rosewill rd500-2D8) I also have 1050ti loaded inside too

what are the minimum power requirements for the CPU?
does the motherboard have error indicator lights, or are the red LEDs just aesthetic?
are you getting any beeps upon powering up?
what hardware / peripherals do you have hooked up? what are your total system specs?

you can try re-seating each item to make sure everything is properly connected. and try each memory DIMM separately.

that is a low quality PSU but i haven't seen too many complaining about failures or problems.

Chris Page

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
In terms of hardware plugged up, all i have is a hard drive and a graphics card, im not sure where to find how much voltage its using. Nah no beeps or anything, i tested the power supply on a low spec machine and everything powered on normaly. I got this from Amazon warehouse if that helps somwhat.

I just checked and one of my cpu pins is bent preaty far back. I know i should fix this, but for curioustys sake could that potentially be preventing my computer from booting?
yes it could prevent the system from starting/booting. will also potentially cause many other problems even if the system actually starts.

i have fixed multiple systems by correcting bent pins myself but I wouldn't really recommend it. your best bet would be to contact a professional at a reputable shop and have them repair it.
i would usually just use a flathead screwdriver and lightly leverage/press it back into the correct position. they do break off fairly easy sometimes though.