Bad Newegg service

AngusMcP

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
Excuse the long rant, but after spending 2 hours dealing with Newegg customer service (most of it on hold) I am pretty PO'ed. It is really sad how badly Newegg's customer service has declined.

On the small annoyance scale I ordered 2 items early in the morning on Cyber Monday, 12/2. I paid extra for rush processing on them which is supposed to mean they ship the same day. Here it is on 12/7 and it is still in "packaging." Sure glad I paid extra for that "rush" job. I can't bring myself to cancel them yet because the sales prices were so good and I need the items, but the clock is ticking and I'm running out of time to get them since I am leaving town on the 16th for three weeks.

But the thing that really bugs me: I ordered $600+ of computer components on Black Friday. I chose 3-day "guaranteed" shipping. It is now 8 days later and no package. I called UPS and they said it was lost as they had no tracking data in their system for it for the past 4 days. So I contacted Newegg and asked them to ship me replacements. They said it would take 7-10 business days plus additional processing and shipping time (so maybe as long as 3 weeks) to replace the lost shipment!

I told them I could not do that since I was leaving town in 10 days and no one will be here to accept a package. Unless they could guarantee delivery before the 16th. Newegg rep basically said "that's your problem, not ours."

They then offered a refund, which is the best option for me, but then they said a refund would also take 7-10 days to process. I need my remaining system parts to arrive before the 16th and I can't afford to shell out an additional $600 while waiting for my first refund, so this is a huge inconvenience for me. Newegg rep basically said "that's your problem, not ours."

So what does this mean for me? I'm waiting for a refund that will come in a couple weeks from Newegg. Then I get to call BillMeLater and start a refund process with them since I already sent them some money towards the balance. And I'll now have to wait until mid-January to order replacement parts for my new system, and hope to god I can find some deals that match Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. Newegg rep basically said "those are your problems, not ours." Didn't even offer me a $10 gift card, which would have at least made it seem like they gave a damn.

I don't blame Newegg for losing the shipment. That's UPS's fault. But Newegg's resolution process and their customer service sucks. I never had any problem with them before. A handful of RMAs that went amazingly smooth. To have a rep keep saying "not our problem" was insulting. A decent business would have shipped out the replacement parts the following day with expedited shipping, or provided an immediate refund. Indeed, even the UPS customer service rep predicted that is what Newegg would offer me as a choice. Nope.

/end venting

Solution
Definately sucks but as someone who's worked in CS a couple of things:

I paid extra for rush processing on them which is supposed to mean they ship the same day
No it means they try to ship it that the same day, it's not guaranteed. If it doesn't ship the same day they refund the rush fee.

a refund would also take 7-10 days to process.
Much as a credit card company refuses to admit it this isn't NewEggs fault. Banks hold one to refunds for inordinate amounts of time before giving it to you.

their customer service sucks
Don't know if you've ever worked CS but this time of year really sucks for those reps. You may be out some money temporarily but you have to remember that this year the reps hear nothing but 8 hours...

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Definately sucks but as someone who's worked in CS a couple of things:

I paid extra for rush processing on them which is supposed to mean they ship the same day
No it means they try to ship it that the same day, it's not guaranteed. If it doesn't ship the same day they refund the rush fee.

a refund would also take 7-10 days to process.
Much as a credit card company refuses to admit it this isn't NewEggs fault. Banks hold one to refunds for inordinate amounts of time before giving it to you.

their customer service sucks
Don't know if you've ever worked CS but this time of year really sucks for those reps. You may be out some money temporarily but you have to remember that this year the reps hear nothing but 8 hours worth of straight bitching and in most cases there's nothing the rep can do to help you (like in your case). And even when they can help you management bitches at them for helping you. Fun fact: if you ask for a supervisor they tend to promise stuff they can't deliver on because they can't hack it with customer's and want to get rid of them. After a while it gets to you and you get a little frazzled. NewEgg (like every other company on the planet) does have a few morons so you can always hang up and talk to someone else.

Not trying to belittle the situation, just remember it's a person on the other end of the line too.
I refuse to ever do it again.

Solution

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Look at the bright side; the Federal gov't isn't running E-tail companies.....yet! Wait 'till the Feds get their confiscatory fingers in the E-tail tax game and watch the business(es) really slide downhill!

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hey OP,

We're really sorry to hear about the lost package. Have you heard anything regarding the claim? Please let us know if you need assistance; we'll be happy to help in any way we can. You can email us to Wecare@newegg.com.

Newegg Support