Question Bad PCIE Port or PSU?

Mar 2, 2021
My PC has been crashing while playing games. I've tested two different graphics cards in the computer and it happens with both. I've tested my drives and memory and no issues there. Nothing wrong with temps either.

Today when my PC crashed, it attempted to reboot but the graphics card wouldn't turn on and the VGA light was on on the motherboard. After I reseated the gpu the computer was working again.

Would this be indicative of damage to the pcie port or the psu failing to supply it enough power? When I seat the gpu in the pcie slot and the latch locks it still feels pretty loose in the slot before screwing it in on the back.

My specs are :
Intel Core i7-9700k
Castle 360EX Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (2 x 16 gb)
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Nvidia Gefore RTX 2070 Super
EVGA G5 750 W 80+ Gold PSU

Mar 2, 2021
My PC has been crashing while playing games. I've tested two different graphics cards in the computer and it happens with both. I've tested my drives and memory and no issues there. Nothing wrong with temps either.

Today when my PC crashed, it attempted to reboot but the graphics card wouldn't turn on and the VGA light was on on the motherboard. After I reseated the gpu the computer was working again.

Would this be indicative of damage to the pcie port or the psu failing to supply it enough power? When I seat the gpu in the pcie slot and the latch locks it still feels pretty loose in the slot before screwing it in on the back.

My specs are :
Intel Core i7-9700k
Castle 360EX Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (2 x 16 gb)
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Nvidia Gefore RTX 2070 Super
EVGA G5 750 W 80+ Gold PSU
Did you overclock components?

Reactions: Life Of Pie
Mar 2, 2021
Sorry, my mistake.

If the second PCIE slot works, then yes, that would indicate your PSU is fine, and the fault was in the first PCIE slot.
I experienced crashes in the second PCIE slot. I put in a new psu and it hasn't stopped the crashes. When it does crash i get the kernel-power error in the event viewer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS