Bad performance despite good specs

G

Hello, I have an issue with my computer. I have had this PC for about a year now, my sister's boyfriend chose it for me saying it has specs good enough to even run Witcher 3. I don't know much about computers, I just like playing on them, which is why I let him choose. The problem is, this computer doesn't actually run games that well which seems odd because with my small amount of experience I can say that it should at least be able to run the Elder Scrolls V Skyrim and yes, it indeed can, however the gameplay is very choppy especially during fights involving multiple enemies. I don't know the exact FPS count but it's preety bad. I won't even say what happens when I try to play The Witcher 3, even at the lowest possible graphical settings it feels like you're watching a slide show.
I don't know if there's a specific thing that's simply stopping the PC from performing well but here are my specs:

-AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 3.10Gz
-16GB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
-HDD Storage: 1TB
-Windows 8.1 Operating System
I used the AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics card but about 3 months ago my sister's boyfriend and I installed the one listed in the specs, he said it was better, though i saw no improvement at all in performance. Another problem was the constant blue screens especially while the internet and a video game were open at the same time. This was when the blue screens happened the most and they showed the message THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. I looked it up multiple times but couldn't find any viable solution. I reinstalled Windows 8.1 about 2 months ago and this problem has not appeared again except for once about 2 weeks ago. I don't know what it is that's making my computer not run as well as expected but any help is greatly appreciated. :)

G

I see what you're saying, does that justify the fact that i cannot play older games like Skyrim without a decent frame rate?