Bad Performance in BF1 with a Definitely Capable System

Jun 30, 2018
I recently upgraded my system to a GTX 1070TI, i5-8400, and 8gb of 2666mhz memory, with a nice motherboard too. I can max out most games, but Battlefield 1 has been giving me trouble. I'm not sure why but I get pretty bad frames, and it varies by map. I get anywhere from 40-80 fps on ultra settings, but usually down in the 40-50 fps. What's weird is turning down my settings does not increase my fps. It usually spikes a lot as well, especially in the beginning of the games. For example I'm getting 60 fps then it drops down to 20 for a second and goes back up. Looking at benchmarks on YouTube for BF1 with similar specs as mine shows that I should be able to run the game, but I'm not sure why I can't. I think it could be a problem with my memory, and if it is, would upgrading to 16gb from 8gb help? Thanks a ton in advance.

Solution
Monitor your ram usage to rule it out. Yes 8gb may not be enough. Most important thing is whether you are using dual kit ram or single as it determines dual channel configuration. Dual channel helps.
Monitor also cpu usage. I doubt this cpu has a problem with BF1 though. Then check your cpu/gpu temps under high load and report back.
Monitor your ram usage to rule it out. Yes 8gb may not be enough. Most important thing is whether you are using dual kit ram or single as it determines dual channel configuration. Dual channel helps.
Monitor also cpu usage. I doubt this cpu has a problem with BF1 though. Then check your cpu/gpu temps under high load and report back.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS