[SOLVED] BAD PERFORMANCE ON HIGH END PC

Mar 30, 2020
I have a decent pc, good enough to be running games on good fps, however i cant play games because of the horrible fps. Even with the settings on low it is unplayable.
One of my friends has similar specs and runs fortnite at constantt 200 fps, whereas i cant run more than 100
My specs:
GPU: msi GTX 1660 ti gaming X
CPU: I7 7700k 3.60ghz proccessor
8gb ram

If anyone knows the solution to this please let me know

Solution
i would first make sure v sync is off, that limits your framerate to 60, turn off anything you dont particularly want or let it be decided by the 3d application and change texture filtering quality to high performance. Good luck
Mar 30, 2020
in geforce experience it says my graphics drivers are up to date, i recently put the 1660 into my pc about a month ago and i am not a computer expert so some cables could be messed up or something. i checked through msi afterburner and my cpu usage went up to 80 percent and the ram was using 7.4 gb. I could not find my gpu usage on afterburner though, I appreciate your help

TheOcelotGamer

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015
i would first make sure v sync is off, that limits your framerate to 60, turn off anything you dont particularly want or let it be decided by the 3d application and change texture filtering quality to high performance. Good luck

Reactions: Jbx987
Solution

dmorisette

Commendable
Dec 15, 2017
Do you have good case airflow? Once that GPU gets to working hard it's pumping a LOT of heat into the case. You need to move a lot of air through to get reasonable temp air to the coolers.