Bad performance PC

Sofuwy

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
Hey guys, trying to figure out why my friend has really low frames and bad performance while gaming. I built this cheapo comp for her at $300 to upgrade over time. Right now it has:

Mobo - Biostar TA970
CPU - FX 8320
GPU - R9 290 Double Dissipation
RAM - HyperX 8GB 1866

I've been told that the mobo is utter trash so I really want to replace it, but I'm just considering replacing it with an i7 combo. I'm really dumbfounded because she's playing LoL, Overwatch, CS:GO and other games on low struggling to keep a constant 30 fps, which drops even more when she tries to stream of course.

I've seen some streamers with an fx 8320 + gtx 750 stream league just fine with a webcam and this PC really can't do it. Any ideas why?

Solution
You have to monitor stuff in order to figure out what is going on. Tell her to download MSI Afterburner and look at all the graphs. Some important graphs to look at are:

GPU usage
CPU usage (of each core)
GPU temps
CPU temps

She should have those open while gaming and alt-tab out of the game to analyze them. Though it is best to check the CPU temps through MSI Afterburner. She can also use Task Manager to look at CPU usage when the computer is idle to ensure no bloatware is slowing her machine down.
You have to monitor stuff in order to figure out what is going on. Tell her to download MSI Afterburner and look at all the graphs. Some important graphs to look at are:

GPU usage
CPU usage (of each core)
GPU temps
CPU temps

She should have those open while gaming and alt-tab out of the game to analyze them. Though it is best to check the CPU temps through MSI Afterburner. She can also use Task Manager to look at CPU usage when the computer is idle to ensure no bloatware is slowing her machine down.

Solution