[SOLVED] Bad Performance

frontabl3

Reputable
Sep 6, 2017
Greetings all, I'm here to ask for some help. I'm running a system that I think is fairly good but when i open certain games (e.g. World of Warcraft) after a few minutes my games starts to freeze or lag. When i open task manager i see my ram usage at 80-90% and my hdd at 100% even though my game is installed on my ssd that is keeping a vey low usage rate.
I don't know if this is the right threat to post this question but will hope for help nonetheless.
System Spec:
I7 4770
MSI H81M-P33
GTX 1050TI
2x4 Samsung ram at 800Mhz
Crucial CT250MX500SSD1
WD WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0

Solution
Greetings all, I'm here to ask for some help. I'm running a system that I think is fairly good but when i open certain games (e.g. World of Warcraft) after a few minutes my games starts to freeze or lag. When i open task manager i see my ram usage at 80-90% and my hdd at 100% even though my game is installed on my ssd that is keeping a vey low usage rate.
I don't know if this is the right threat to post this question but will hope for help nonetheless.
System Spec:
I7 4770
MSI H81M-P33
GTX 1050TI
Crucial CT250MX500SSD1
WD WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0
That description sounds like you are running out of RAM and it is caching to the HDD. I am not familiar with WoW but it’s not uncommon for some games to have issues...

frontabl3

Reputable
Sep 6, 2017
System Spec:
I7 4770
MSI H81M-P33
GTX 1050TI
Crucial CT250MX500SSD1
WD WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0
That description sounds like you are running out of RAM and it is caching to the HDD. I am not familiar with WoW but it’s not uncommon for some games to have issues with 8Gb RAM.

Solution
This does sound like caching to HDD. Also note that this is an old system.

Get HWiNFO64 installed and then reboot, log in, wait 5 mins at the desktop. Start up HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) and then jump into Witcher 1 to see how performance is. When it starts getting choppy end the game and check the log file - specifically your RAM and HDD usage.

frontabl3

Reputable
Sep 6, 2017
This does sound like caching to HDD. Also note that this is an old system.

Get HWiNFO64 installed and then reboot, log in, wait 5 mins at the desktop. Start up HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) and then jump into Witcher 1 to see how performance is. When it starts getting choppy end the game and check the log file - specifically your RAM and HDD usage.
Back after the tests. For witcher 1 during the whole durotation i felt nothing. No laggs or anything.Then when i started wow's test to my surprise the game actually ran okay with no major lags or anything untill I switched the setting abit higher and opened a few tabs in mozilla. After that i had a few laggs that went away after 1-2 seconds.
I dont realy know what do look for in the docs from the program, but i will link them. Witcher 1 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Btp7kDQAvA6ZM8rt8ap7NGX27wpjUYWj5EjsJnOp9zY/edit#gid=0) WoW (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pMckBSph0ugAEeI7GpBfMryvGtpXQ6UCPZFZIEQV3rU/edit#gid=0).