Question Bad power on usb ports

jimkarageo

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2014
Hello everyone!
I would like your help with my crazy pc....
My problem is: when i plug a usb device on my front panel's usb ports any other device plugged on it stops working! Sometimes when i unplug them and plug them back again it works but not always. When i go to the device manager and scan for new devices it stucks and when i try to reboot it stucks at turning off pc screen.
Please help :)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Likely the front panel ports are damaged. Unplug them and see if the problem goes away when you use the ports on the rear.

If it does, take a close look at the ports for bent metal, broken plastic, or extreme wear. Not that easy to replace front panel ports. You can do things like get a USB hub and plug it into the rear and bring that around to the front for a simple fix.

Reactions: jimkarageo

jimkarageo

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2014
Likely the front panel ports are damaged. Unplug them and see if the problem goes away when you use the ports on the rear.

If it does, take a close look at the ports for bent metal, broken plastic, or extreme wear. Not that easy to replace front panel ports. You can do things like get a USB hub and plug it into the rear and bring that around to the front for a simple fix.
Thanks for the answer. Same thing happens on yhe rear panel also. I am plugging a usb wifi and it does not work at all

jimkarageo

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2014

I will upload a video so you can understand exactly whats going on. I will upload it today

jimkarageo

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2014
No video needed. I formated the pc and things got better for some reason i don't understand. Now usb works ok.... Sometimes it disconnects but not even close to what it was before. I checked for bended pins nothing. Wifi works fine now. Thanks for your help guys!