Question Bad psu?

Mar 29, 2020
Hello!
I bougt good pc part by part in hope i can play every game i want, but it is not that right. After 15 mins of using the pc it starts to slow down, lagging. It laggs too oftenly and when it laggs it have sounds from psu at the same moment, Cpu, gpu, ram usage/temp all okay. And i cant turn off my coputer with command, only with the power button.
Maybe the psu is bad? Before i buy a new i want to be sure. Thanks for your time!
Specs;
-biostar x570gt racing (micro atx)
-kingston hyperx fury 2x8 ddr4 3200mhz
-M.2 1Tb 2.5gb/s kingston
-ryzen5 2600x
-rtx 2070 mini zotac
- 700w bronze raidmax cobra

Yes, your assumption is maybe correct.

Audible sound from a PSU that obviously corresponds with some problems with decrease of overall functioning - I'll put the cause on either:
  • PSU itself.
  • Malfunction on some compoents on the motherboard, and then the voltage regulators (those thick integrated circuits - mostly with 3 legs - placed close to inductors and capacitors) in particular.
  • Physical damage on a major component (CPU/GPU, etc) that in turn cause the power consumption to rise close to to above the PSU (or the voltage regulators on the mainboard) maximum ratings.

Reactions: Gromsae
Hello!
I bougt good pc part by part in hope i can play every game i want, but it is not that right. After 15 mins of using the pc it starts to slow down, lagging. It laggs too oftenly and when it laggs it have sounds from psu at the same moment, Cpu, gpu, ram usage/temp all okay. And i cant turn off my coputer with command, only with the power button.
Maybe the psu is bad? Before i buy a new i want to be sure. Thanks for your time!

Even though the Raidmax Cobra is a garbage PSU, this is not a PSU problem. Sounds like a motherboard problem. Maybe do try a BIOS update.

Reactions: Gromsae

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Latest is okay. Made sure if there were necessary steps to go through you did? Some AMD motherboard makers ask to update chipset drivers first, which is always good to do, and might even require to install an in between bios.

It was not my psu, the problem still egsist, after a psu change.
What psu did you change to?

Might also be motherboard problem.

Mar 29, 2020
Latest is okay. Made sure if there were necessary steps to go through you did? Some AMD motherboard makers ask to update chipset drivers first, which is always good to do, and might even require to install an in between bios.

What psu did you change to?

Might also be motherboard problem.
A seasonic GM-650 gold

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Mar 29, 2020
i tried to optimize fan speed and the error occured, so i set it back to normal and its cool now, no more blue. Now i think it works for 100% right. thanks for all your answers and time