Question Bad ram ?

Oct 27, 2019
recently i have been having a lot of crashes such as " Games Suddenly closing to desktop ".
Ran Aida64 : instability issue
Ran real bench : Instabilty issue
also prime95 blend straight give me rounding error after 5 mins.
i overclocked my cpu i5 2500k from 3.3 to 4.4 Ghz @ 1.35v
Cpu seems to be stable as there is no thermal issue and BSOD.
All i am having is a lot of crashes in hardware demanding games.
Ran "Memory Diagnostic tool"
No error found but memtest86 gave me 100+ errors..
is it because of bad ram ?
Same Crashes and memtest86 ram errors while at Stock settings.

windows mem diag tool should have flagged up a problem , repeat the tests again but only use one ram stick at a time as the test will report a problem but no tell you which ram stick is faulty , you could also try the single stick method on the other programs you have use to check stuff.

Reactions: Usman712
Oct 27, 2019
windows mem diag tool should have flagged up a problem , repeat the tests again but only use one ram stick at a time as the test will report a problem but no tell you which ram stick is faulty , you could also try the single stick method on the other programs you have use to check stuff.
I just tested both rams one bye one .. both seemed to work perfectly as there was no instability error in any of the program.
Then swapped their slots.
Swapping the slots worked for me i guess.
Prime 95 now been running for 1 hour without any issue.
Thanks Dude.

Oct 27, 2019
I just tested both rams one bye one .. both seemed to work perfectly as there was no instability error in any of the program.
Then swapped their slots.
Swapping the slots worked for me i guess.
Prime 95 now been running for 1 hour without any issue.
Thanks Dude.
Never mind .. got a sudden reboot while using pc .
Also got "Hardware problem detected while Memory Diagnostic tools " using 1 stick .. i think i just got a bad ram module.