[SOLVED] Bad RAM?

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hey Everyone!
So I got my new Motherboard, ASRock Fatal1ty B250M and installed the new processor and Hyper 212 cooler and it Booted up!! Woohoo!! NOW it would appear I'm having memory issues. All I did was add 2 4GB modules. At first I just added the 2 new to the 2 old and got the 4 beep memory code. So then I put in just the 2 old ones and it boots up fine. So then I tried the 2 new by themselves and same 4 beep code. No boot. Then I tried just 1 of the new ones and it booted up fine. So I left out the other and added back the 2 old and this time no boot and no beeps either. So for now back to my original 4GB x 2 setup.

Here are the New one's I got (One works fine by itself) add anything else to it though and no go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MMLUZ2I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The old ones, which seem to work just fine, I can't seem to find where I got them from but here's a picture. The old that works is on the left. New on the right. They SHOULD be compatible right?

old and new.jpg
Shared with Dropbox
www.dropbox.com

Should I send back the new ones as defective? Should I just get all new RAM. I really don't think I would need more than 16GB total.

What you guys think?

Thanks!

Beau

Solution
You are attempting to mix modules which is not a good idea. Even RAM kits that have identical P/N can be a mismatch.
DIMMs are binned at the factory to match their Latency. Different Latency = Mismatch .
If you need more RAM then buy a single kit the size and frequency of your choosing.
Best combo is a kit (2x8) 3200MHz that have been tested and listed on the MB QVL and as you said that is all you need for gaming AAA.

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
RMA as a DOA. i doubt there would be a compatibility issue with 2 sticks but not of one stick.
Hey Freercurse, thanks for the response! Yeah doin' an RMA on this one.
But I didn't get the rest....

You "doubt there would be a compatibility issue with 2 sticks but not of one stick." ???

Whatthewhahuh? Am I reading that wrong? I don't get it. Sorry LOL

You are attempting to mix modules which is not a good idea. Even RAM kits that have identical P/N can be a mismatch.
DIMMs are binned at the factory to match their Latency. Different Latency = Mismatch .
If you need more RAM then buy a single kit the size and frequency of your choosing.
Best combo is a kit (2x8) 3200MHz that have been tested and listed on the MB QVL and as you said that is all you need for gaming AAA.

Solution