BAD somthing? Please help.

Inkey31

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hello,

I just bought a new i7 7700k and asus max code z270 with 8GB of Corsair 32000.

I also had 4 SSD 2 in raid 0 the other and raid 0.

2 GTX 680's

on win 10 pro

I have run into this problem where my computer feels like its stuttering and the audio gets like a robot with every other word, does not matter where it's coming from.

I thought maybe it was the 2 raid0 so i went in and disabled it, seemed like the problem was fixed. For a day.

Yesterday my pc just froze and started making that sound again, like a muffled machine gun. Or like a frozen video.

The computer wouldn't boot after wards.

The code on my MB says it was the ram, so i pulled it out and put it back in and im still having the problem but i got the computer to boot.

Im not sure if this is a memory problem or a CPU problem? Or a SSD problem? cus they are sata2's

Please help.e

Inkey31

Prominent
May 10, 2017
I am running a 950W Corsair Power supply.

I should try that good thinking.

It's the strangest thing, I have never seen ram when its bad effect the performance of the computer it just dumps or fails to boot.

Do you think it could the CPU?

I should mention i replaced the MB once already thinking it was a driver problem with MSI, so i traded in for a Asus. Not the problem of course.

if it turns out not to be bad ram then it could be possible the memory controller in the CPU is defective. i would check the CPU socket for any bent pins too

Inkey31

Prominent
May 10, 2017
IT would be bad luck if it were bent pins, because I had this problem with 2 different mobos, but i will check that. It cant hurt.

I think i should just bring the CPU and memory back get them exchanged. Can't hurt right?

I mentioned when i disabled the 2nd raid config the computer worked good for about a day?
I thought that maybe the new mobos can't handle all this raid pushed at it.

OR the new cpus and mobos dont like sata2's? I dont really see that being the problem, it has to be a bad somthing with the cpu or memory.

Always a headache building a new computer.

TRENDING THREADS