[SOLVED] bad SSD / BIOS

Oct 23, 2019
I recently give my PC- MSI Infinite VR7RC-077EU to warranty service becouse i after using my pc for 1 year i got black screen when boot up system ( no saunds, no bois loading, no nosthing) Warranty service says that a bad ssd drive is the reason why my PC doesent load system and even not bios..
As far as I know Bios is on NVRAM chip un should load up. And the reasons of this performance should be motherboard of PSU or even a RAM chip not ssd...

So can this be true? Bad ssd could be a reason why bios doesent boot up?
ps. i did research and did find nothing related so here iam.

PC Specs
Intel Core i5-7400 3.0 GHz / GeForce GTX 1060 / RAM: 8 GB / HDD: 2000 GB / SSD: 256 GB / OS: Windows 10 Home
Thanks

Solution
I would like to that but i cant becouse PC is in the warranty service.. and they ask ask a lot of $$ to copy data from sdd. I will do that if... but first i want to know is that even possible ar they are trying to scam me.
Well.....I think that if the SSD had a short.....and it was shorting the PSU.....than it is possible that you wouldn't be able to get to the BIOS.

I think that if anything shorts the PSU.....it's possible you won't be able to get into the BIOS.
Oct 23, 2019
I would like to that but i cant becouse PC is in the warranty service.. and they ask ask a lot of $$ to copy data from sdd. I will do that if... but first i want to know is that even possible ar they are trying to scam me.

Well.....I think that if the SSD had a short.....and it was shorting the PSU.....than it is possible that you wouldn't be able to get to the BIOS.

I think that if anything shorts the PSU.....it's possible you won't be able to get into the BIOS.

Solution
The only way to have answered your question is if you had come to us first. At this point, they probably want some money for diagnosis, as well as any other work they perform. At this point, you might as well let them fix it. If/when you have future isses, come here first. We work for free :)

Reactions: defs