Question Bad stuttering issues on PC

Apr 10, 2019
I've been having a bad stuttering issue in games while watching youtube or netflix ever since I got a GPU upgrade and I am not sure how to fix it. It does not matter what quality I put my game or the videos to or what browser I am using or what game I am playing. I have tried limiting my FPS to 60. Normally if I watch a video and play a game then my GPU is around 50-60% and my CPU is below 40% usage so it's not even close to being maxed out. Ram is not even a quarter maxed out either. I never had this issue with my gtx 1080, and since I switched cards I am getting these horrible stutters.

Here are my specs:
i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz
RTX 2080ti
16GB RAM
Windows 10 pro

Could be a bad GPU! Have you tried the obvious driver updates/clean install? Try again with latest driver, and see how you get on. If that doesn't work can you try the GPU in another PC? This will help diagnose. Do you still have the 1080? Can you pop it back in and see if the system is still okay?

What PSU are you running?

Ralston18

Titan
Start by ensuring that you have the applicable and most recent GPU drivers for your computer.

Download via the manufacturer's website, reinstall, and reconfigure. The current drivers (even if correct) may have been buggy or corrupted during download.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. First while not gaming and then while gaming. Look for some bottleneck that immediately occurs or develops before or during gaming activities.

Maybe some failing software update, a backup, or just an app trying to phone home... Perhaps some AV scan in the background.

Apr 10, 2019
Could be a bad GPU! Have you tried the obvious driver updates/clean install? Try again with latest driver, and see how you get on. If that doesn't work can you try the GPU in another PC? This will help diagnose. Do you still have the 1080? Can you pop it back in and see if the system is still okay?

What PSU are you running?

My old GPU fried in my PC so I don't have it anymore. I do have the latest drivers, did a clean install of it. PSU is the evga supernova 850. I do not have another rig try the card in unfortunately.

Okay. If you don't have another PC to try the new GPU in, or another GPU to try in your current system, it might be worth bringing it to a local store. They can swap out and replace the parts needed to diagnose if there's a hardware problem, ie faulty mobo, or faulty GPU. It might only cost a few bucks. Otherwise try Ralston's fixes and see if anything works. Although rather than using Task Manager or Resource Monitor, use something like HWMon/Info to monitor the system. it's much more comprehensive, and will give a full overview of your hardware working on the fly, and provide an in depth look at your system.