Question Bad stuttering since upgrading to a 6900 XT ?

Oct 8, 2021
I recently bought a new 6900 XT to replace my 3060 Ti.
My fps got way better, (in WZ approx 165-200) but now i experience a lot of stutters in game, not all the time, but mostly when a lot is happening in the game.
I mainly play Warzone, Flight sim 2020, BF2042, RDR2 etc. When i used my previous Gpu i had worse FPS (approx 100-120) but no stutters at all.

I did a complete driver uninstall with DDU. The installation of the new Gpu went smooth.
I have two separated cords from the Psu to the Gpu fyi.

I´ve found related articles in this forum with similar problems. But it feels like mine is different from others.
Do any of you have any idea on what to try?
Ive tried different settings in the Radeon software, but no difference. And of course the latest drivers.
Specs:
-i7 10700K + Cryorig H7 Universal
-Asus Rog strix z490-F gaming Bios version 2301
-Kingston 32gb (2x16 gb) DDR4 3600MHz CL18 XMP activated
-PS Corsair RM850x (this is completely new)
-WD Blue SN550 SSD 1TB M.2 NVME
-Fractal design Define S2
-Asus TUF Radeon RX 6900xt TOP edition 16gb Gaming OC
-Samsung G7 32 1440p”
-Win10

Thankful for any help!

Lutfij

Titan
The installation of the new Gpu went smooth.
Did you manually reinstall your drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, using the latest drivers off of AMD's support site?

Per your BIOS, you have one more version pending update, to version 2403. See if that helps. As for your OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on?

Oct 8, 2021
The installation of the new Gpu went smooth.
Did you manually reinstall your drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, using the latest drivers off of AMD's support site?

Per your BIOS, you have one more version pending update, to version 2403. See if that helps. As for your OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on?

-Well, almost. I used DDU to remove the old drivers, and downloaded the latest drivers from AMD´s site. Didnt ran them as Administrator though. Is that needed? For what?
-Will absolutely try the new Bios update.
-My win10 version is 21H2.

Thank you for your help so far!

Run HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) in the background while you game for at least 15 mins until you get the stutters.
Check out the log file to see if you can find any potential issues and/or upload it somewhere we can get it to have a look.

D

Deleted member 362816

I recently bought a new 6900xt to upgrade from my 3060 Ti.
My fps got way better, (in WZ approx 165-200) but now i experience a lot of stutters in game, not all the time, but mostly when a lot is happening in the game.
I mainly play Warzone, Flight sim 2020, BF2042, RDR2 etc. When i used my previous Gpu i had worse FPS (approx 100-120) but no stutters at all.

I did a complete driver uninstall with DDU. The installation of the new Gpu went smooth.
I have two separated cords from the Psu to the Gpu fyi.

I´ve found related articles in this forum with similar problems. But it feels like mine is different from others.
Do any of you have any idea on what to try?
Ive tried different settings in the Radeon software, but no difference. And of course the latest drivers.
Specs:
-i7 10700K + Cryorig H7 Universal
-Asus Rog strix z490-F gaming Bios version 2301
-Kingston 32gb (2x16 gb) DDR4 3600MHz CL18 XMP activated
-PS Corsair RM850x (this is completely new)
-WD Blue SN550 SSD 1TB M.2 NVME
-Fractal design Define S2
-Asus TUF Radeon RX 6900xt TOP edition 16gb Gaming OC
-Samsung G7 32 1440p”
-Win10

Thankful for any help!

I was having the same issue, Upgraded form a 3060ti to a RX 6800, Found out it was caused by the newer drivers so I rolled back to 22.2.3, 2/24/2022 . Fixed my issues hope it fixes your good luck!

Oct 8, 2021
Run HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) in the background while you game for at least 15 mins until you get the stutters.
Check out the log file to see if you can find any potential issues and/or upload it somewhere we can get it to have a look.

I´ve done this. Where can i upload the logfile?

Stutters are "normal" with a variable frame rate but shouldn't be even close to annoying with a Freesync monitor. Have you checked that both your monitor AND AMD Settings have Freesync enabled? Even so, Freesync wouldn't make miracles if the frames dip from 160 to 80. You can make a log with HWinfo and cross check your frames with the stress of your components while gaming

Oct 8, 2021
Stutters are "normal" with a variable frame rate but shouldn't be even close to annoying with a Freesync monitor. Have you checked that both your monitor AND AMD Settings have Freesync enabled? Even so, Freesync wouldn't make miracles if the frames dip from 160 to 80. You can make a log with HWinfo and cross check your frames with the stress of your components while gaming

Yes, they are both enabled. I dont think the stutters have anythin to do with Freesync. Although the Amd software has a feature called Enhances Freesync. I´ll try that.

But can anyone plese tell me how i share the log file with you?

I currently have a Vega 56 in my set up. I've tried waiting out the chip shortage, and price gouging, and scalpers. I think I'm finally gonna give in and fork out the money for a 6900 xt. Is the performance upgrade worth it right now? And is there a roadmap for the next generation of cards to release? MI Bridges Sign In

Please start your own thread as trying to help two different people on the same thread can become very confusing.

Reactions: spentshells

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I have read somewhere that stable performance (besides everything else that is required) with any RX6900XT is only to be had with at least 900 Watt or more PSU.

Your PSU (most likely) might just be to weak or there could be something else wrong with your specified software or settings of pc setup.

TRENDING THREADS