[SOLVED] "bad system configuration" and new Win install

Big D

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
My PC showed a message to restore an earlier point. I accepted. The problems began.

Computer froZe, I rebooted and got in a loop of "bad System configuration" I tried ALL options. I could access Wind 10 Troubleshooting, but none of the solutions worked. Automatic repair did not work.

I used the Repair disk on USB I had prepared earlier , it doesn't boot or access the computer. I couldn't access the boot drive, sxcept through the dos prompt options. l looked all solutions I could through dos prompts. No joy. I tried the drive (a SSD) in another computer. I could get NO access to it.

I decided to do a fresh install of WIN10 on a new drive. I got a new SSD Samsung 500mb.

But since I have no os, I can't read the USB repair disk.

Any suggestion?

Solution
Get a minimum 8GB USB drive and download this - https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Click on "Download tool now".

Plug that USB key and start the tool on a system. Choose the option to "Create an installation media" and follow the instruction. It will create a USB drive Windows 10 install with the latest OS update.

The only thing you have to do after that is to put that USB key and go in your BIOS and force boot to the USB key. Should start the Windows Install.

Some people tries to install a very old version of Windows 10 and it just doesn't work. A certain Windows 10 version needs to be installed with some hardware...
Get a minimum 8GB USB drive and download this - https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Click on "Download tool now".

Plug that USB key and start the tool on a system. Choose the option to "Create an installation media" and follow the instruction. It will create a USB drive Windows 10 install with the latest OS update.

The only thing you have to do after that is to put that USB key and go in your BIOS and force boot to the USB key. Should start the Windows Install.

Some people tries to install a very old version of Windows 10 and it just doesn't work. A certain Windows 10 version needs to be installed with some hardware.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

You can see what Windows version needs to be installed for what CPU. Windows Media Creation Tool will make a nice Updated Windows 10 Install for you.

Solution

Big D

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
if you try to install windows. download windows 10 installation media from microsoft website
I would like to do that but I don't have any OS on the new drive. Can I down load it on a DVD or CD on another computer and book from that,.

Ialso have a repair disk from my old installation, Can I used that on a new blank drive?

Note: my old boot drive is totally dead. I can't get it to be cognized by BIOS or disk management.

And I can't find my installation disks -- I know I have them but spent two hours looking for them w i th no luck -- but I did retain my windows key.

RDG