Question Bad texture pop in of foliage, shadows and details of objects

Oct 30, 2019
I have recently upgraded my whole system and am getting texture pop in on all games. This mainly consists of shadows and foliage not loading in quick enough but also the more detailed parts of buildings and other objects which really breaks immersion ruining the overall experience. I have recently been playing outerworlds, Hell Let Loose, Squad, Destiny 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare. All of these titles suffer with same problem as my character moves forward textures load in and when i move backwards they become less detailed. This is happening at close ranges, not from far distances which would be more understandable. I have ran multiple benchmarks which appear to be fine but these benchmarks do not reflect the issues which i seem to be having in game. I believe my system specs should be able to cope with any modern title and not have this occur although i have a feeling it may have something to do with my RAM speed.

If anyone could offer advice on if upgrading my systems RAM would help resolve this issue i would greatly appreciate it. If you need videos please let me know and i'll happily record footage.

System specs:

GPU - RTX 2070 Super Gigabyte Gaming OC
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz C16 2x8gb
SSD - Adata XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 256GB
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB
PSU - Corsair RM850 80+Gold
OS - Windows 10 Pro

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S PC Gaming 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY