Question BAD UPDATE (i guess) MoBo Asus No Video!!

Sep 12, 2019
Good evening, I will try to explain my problem; I bought a CPU assembled with certain components that for the price were within my budget, within this came a motherboard TUF B450 Gaming Plus Asus AM4, Ryzen 7 2700, and a pair of dual ram memory 16 GB (8 + 8) T-Force DDR4 Gaming Delta RGB 2x8 gm 1.35 v, where I bought them they did not give me advice about the compatibility of these components, when I get the equipment I realize that the operating system recognizes me the 16gb of ram but only 7.19 usable so I start to investigate possible solutions and contacting ASUS directly they indicate that I could do a BIOS update, I perform this update without having previously updated the Chipset and at the end of the update and the corresponding restart I never again gave my screen video and it was blue, I contacted Asus and they told me that my motherboard would have been unusable because I didn't update the chipset before, the next day I ran to buy a motherboard Pr ime A350M-K from Asus and I ran into the same RAM problem, thinking that it could be solved with Bios update, I get advice with ASUS and they give me the links to download the corresponding updates, this time if I update the chipset and At the time of updating the BIOS, the process ends and it restarts automatically and ..... again I run out of the screen giving me signs of anything, all blue, I contacted Asus and they told me to go to the shop where I bought and said that out of nowhere I ran out of video for them to check and validate the warranty.

My question is, is there any way to recover any of these two motherboards after a bad bios update?

I appreciate your help and knowledge in advance.

BTW, my english is from google translate, sorry :(

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can you list your complete system specs please.

My question is, is there any way to recover any of these two motherboards after a bad bios update?

How did you perform the Bios update? In Windows or in the Bios?

---

Are you running a discrete graphics card? I'm guessing you are seeing you mentioned operating system and bios flashing etc. Just checking because 2700 doesn't have integrated graphics so the motherboard video ports are inactive.

Do you know if Asus Prime A350M-K's Bios has been updated out of the box to run 2700? Does it say Ryzen 2000 ready on the box?

Regarding your ram, one of the modules could be faulty, did you try each separately seated in the A2 slot?
Recommended dimm placement;

how-to-optimise-your-ram-slots.jpg

Sep 12, 2019
Sure,
  • Ryzen 7 2700/8 cores / 16 thread / 3.2 Ghz / 4.1 Ghz
  • Yeyian Storm 1200 RGB CPU heatsink
  • MoBo (initially TUF B450 Gaming)
  • Ram memory 16 gb Ddr4 Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB 3000 Mhz / Kit 2x8gb / TF3D416G3000HC16CDC01
  • Solid state drive SSD Sata 120 GB Adata SU650
  • Internal Hard Disk 2 tb 3.5 Sata3 5400 RPM Seagate
  • GTX 1650 4GB Gddr5 Gigabyte Windforce
  • Yeyian Thunder 650 80+ power source

Perform the update directly in the BIOS.

The Asus prime is already ready for Ryzen 2000 at least that was what it said in the box and in fact if my Operating System was running well, the problem was to flash the Bios, by the way the 2 motherboards flash them directly from the BIOS.

As for the placement of the ram memories, in the TUF Gaming probe all the card positions, in the Prime it only had 2 slots.

TRENDING THREADS