Question bad usb stick? constant freezing during and after installation

cgreer730

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
Hi guys, I recently completed my first big build. Everything worked fine as soon as i started up for the first time. As soon as i began trying to boot off a windows 10 usb installer, i have been experiencing constant freezing of my computer. Not sure whether its my gpu signal to the monitor, or memory, or my ssd. I have almost completely ruled out those options, and I believe the windows installer is the culprit. I was able to successfully install windows, but even just moving my mouse on the desktop for a few seconds causes my whole thing to freeze. This can only be solved with a hard reset, and the freezing can come anywhere between 10 seconds to 15 minutes after startup. Please help!

Specs:
Asus Rog Strix e gaming MOBO
EVGA RTX 2060 super
i7 9700k
2x8 gb corsair vengeance ram sticks
evga 650 w 80+ gold PSU
Samsung 860 evo 500gb SSD

P.S. When My PC freezes, all the lights stay running, and the fans (including GPU) keep spinning at the same speed. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

shadi shtaklef

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 26, 2015
i guess that there is a hardware component which is spoilt like for example maybe you put bad memory chip. i suggest you take computer to a repair center for a full checkup and they install windows for you