Bad video quality

Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
I know that you guys have probably been asked this same question about 2000 times, but how do I get good quality output to a regular TV? I know that the resolution on a TV is worse than pathetic, but there has to be a product that performs better than what I am using now (OLD GF2 Ti). I have used an All-In-Wonder, but never really used the outputs. Anyway, I was just hoping for a reccemmondation. Thanks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All ATI cards have better TV-Out than most GeForce2's.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

The_I

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2003
What I've hear is that you can't acchieve optimal quality on a graphics carts tv-out, even though ATI should be better. I would opt for a dedicated solution, try checking out the Sigma Reamagic X-card, it's a pci-card that has two funktions: one it can decode mpeg4 (divX) onboard, so you can play such movies without taxing the cpu to much, and the best part is that with the help of a scart-set (which is a seperate assesory) you can acchieve video-quality on your tv much better than with any graphics card. Here's tomshardware's test of the procut:
http://www20.tomshardware.com/video/20020621/index.html

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, well I have the older version of the card, it has no passthrough for the TV-Out from the video card and therefor can't display the computer screen on the TV, only the movie.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>