Bad Windows Update

szakg

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
So,i updated my pc to the latest windows 4 days earlier,and it was pretty much working.No bugs,issues,anything like that.I was at my monitor (4 year old,it has only vga,so I had to use my mb vga.),with 1366x768 resolution,and it wasn't flickering,rainbowing,i used it,played a lol match on it. Today,I took my pc to my tv(same,1366x768,but hdmi for the gtx 1060),and it started flickering,rainbowing on that resolution.I was like ok.I searched for gpu updates,things like that,and I was wondering,that what would happen with another resolution?I changed it and everything was just fine.The bad thing is that isn't my "recommended" resolution,so it takes a bit off from the screen. No restoration point, because it wasn't enabled. .What can I do?Please help!

Solution
In the NVidia Control Panel ,the output color depth was 12 BPC ( i don't understand why it changed to that amount from 8 BPC ),that my TV doesn't supported. Now its working!

Colif

Win 11 Master
So onboard works okay but the 1060 is creating errors? where did you get nvidia drivers from? Nvidia or Microsoft?

i have seen people report rainbow colors using similar cards since the latest version of windows 10 came out this week.

try this and depending where you got old nvidia drivers from, choose the opposite. Get them from Nvidia or let windows update find your card. I only have a 980, not noticed any weird effects using the Microsoft drivers.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

szakg

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
In the NVidia Control Panel ,the output color depth was 12 BPC ( i don't understand why it changed to that amount from 8 BPC ),that my TV doesn't supported. Now its working!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS