Bad_Pool_Caller after Dell update

Mar 17, 2018
I have a Dell XPS 8700. I had an update pop up from Dell asking to update the Bios and a driver I can't remeber.

I did the update and since then I randomly get BSOD with bad pool caller error.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see what was the last drivers updated ? So I can roll that back to see if that is the issue

Or did anyone else have have this issue ?

Thanks in advance

you would have to put your memory dump on a cloud server, share it for public access and post a link.

you could also change the memory dump type from minidump to kernel memory dump, then run cmd.exe as an admin and run
verifier.exe /standard /all
then reboot and wait for the next memory dump.

note: be sure you know how to enter safe mode in case the system bugchecks during the boot up.
you can run verifier.exe /reset to turn off verifier

if you get a bugcheck while verifier is running then you can run bluescreenview.exe or whocrashed.exe and there is a good chance these programs will name the correct driver. if not, you can put the c:\windows\memory.dmp file on a server and share it and post a link

Mar 17, 2018

Thanks. Just wondering how to do a memory dump?

generally the system will do a mini memory dump by default during any bluescreen.
you can google how to change the memory dump type if you need to produce a kernel memory dump.

the files for a minidump will be at c:\windows\minidump directory
kernel memory dumps are stored at c:\windows\memory.dmp (much bigger file)

Mar 17, 2018

bugcheck was in network code
but it was caused by one driver overwriting another drivers data.

this could be a driver overwriting its own data or a second driver corrupting the data.

you should update or remove aicharger.sys (utility for the motherboard to charge apple devices )

I would remove this or check for a update:
SystemRoot\system32\drivers\adgnetworkwfpdrv.sys Mon Mar 27 04:53:11 2017

it could also be your bit defender firewall
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfwfpf.sys Wed May 31 05:19:51 2017

you can guess and remove them or run cmd.exe and then run
verifier.exe /all /standard
and reboot
the system will bugcheck if a driver writes outside of its memory area. the name of the driver will be recorded in the next bugcheck.

note be sure you know how to get into safe mode so you can turn off verifier.exe functions if the system bugcheck during boot.

turn off verifier by
verifier.exe /reset
do this after you are done testing or your machine will run slowly until you do.

just see a second copy of the last memory dump.

031818-15062-01.dmp
verifier is not turned on in this memory dump.

check to see if the last bugcheck produced a new memory dump file in your c:\windows\minidump directory
you can also change the memory dump type to kernel and produce the memory dump with verifier turned on and provide the larger c:\windows\memory.dmp file