Question BAD_POOL_CALLER BsoD with details and minidumps

Tornik

Commendable
Feb 16, 2017
So I've been having major issues with various BSoD errors (KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR , SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and more) - mainly while gaming - for almost a year. Previously this proved difficult to troubleshoot because there was no minidump file being created after BSoD and reboot, however after running Driver Verifier and rebooting, I just encountered a BsoD with some details, so thought I'd ask for help with this information in hand:

The BSoD in question was BAD_POOL_CALLER, with the error info also saying it was Wdf01000.sys that failed. I found five minidump files in the usual Windows folder for dumps, plus another log file was suggested by Windows in /System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt.

Here's the zip archive with all six files included
Here's my Speccy snapshot

Last edited:

Tornik

Commendable
Feb 16, 2017
I've managed to track down the offending driver for this BSoD - there is only one driver that makes Driver Verifier turn up the BSoD and reboot the system, and it is one for a racing simulation hardware, specifically the Fanatec CSL Elite loadcell pedals I use.

I've checked the Fanatec downloads' page for an older driver, but only the latest one is available for download. Is there anything I can do when I only have this one version of the driver, to prevent it from causing this system conflict and make sure it runs normally? e.g. install it using some compatibility settings, etc?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS