Badly optimized game vs well optimized game

mikasa9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Really been looking for a proper answer to this

I wanna know if the stutters i experienced in watch dogs was due to my cpu being dual core while it required quad core minimum, or more due to the fact that it was badly optimized plus my cpu being weak?
There have been games such as black flag or the crew that as well require quad core minimum but my core 2 duo ran them without stutters.

Could it be only watch dogs and its optimization? or should i expect stutters in more game even if they r well optimized ( if they require quad core or better cpu)

Solution

biggranny

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014

Ubisoft games in general are terrible PC ports, dual cores are still capable of gaming but you probably want to consider upgrading your CPU especially if you have a high-end GPU, if you want to know an easy way to tell if your CPU is bottlenecking, just check task manager usage while gaming and check to see if anything else is eating your CPU. Games are mostly dependent on your graphics card though, which also could be holding you back.

mikasa9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

Nah my gpu is weak too, its an HD 7750, however i just wanna know if gta v is well optimized will i be able to play it without stutters? dont care about fps, its just the stutters that are annoying

biggranny

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014

Rockstar is a good game company but I recommend don't pre-order it just incase it may be a bad PC-port, even though GTA V is going to be amazing on PC, from GTA IV it was badly optimized even on high-end systems. 7750 is still a capable card, but it has to push itself to the max just to barely squeeze to low-medium in some games.

mikasa9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

I don't care really, nor for the graphics or the frames, but if it stutters like watch dogs then its unplayable for me..

In the released requirements it says minimum q6600 and i got an overclocked core 2 duo e7500, if its amazingly optimized do you believe i will experience stutters? or no?

biggranny

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014

Watch Dogs was one of the worst optimized games, if rockstar does well at optimizing it I'm sure it will run fine, it ran fine on console I'm sure it will run fine on PC if they do well on it, it's a good sign they pushed the release date back to work on it more.

Solution