Baffled by the beep

in2tense

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Hello. the machine? Asus Maximus viii Ranger mb, i7 6700k cpu, 32GB gskill ram, EVGA 750W psu, msi radeon r9 390 graphics, 500gb samsung SSD, 2tb WD HD, Windows 10. Person I built it for works from home. Average temp? 30c cpu, 32c gpu. VERY, VEEEERY randomly now, she's telling me she hears 3 sets of 2 beeps(beep beep, beep beep, beep beep) while she working. Like. Once a day, not every day type of random. The motherboard use to show q code 40 but now shows A0, WHICH all 3 of the machines I built show. Can some one PLEASE give me an idea where in the world could this beep be coming from??? thanks

in2tense

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

Just random as she's working. Machine stays on just about all the time. she'll be working and message me and say it beeped. but its so random. been a couple days since it did it before.

firelink70

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014
Hm, are you able to monitor the temps of the PC at all? Maybe it's overheating. I can't seem to find any beeps from that BIOS that match what you/she is describing.

in2tense

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

yes. The pc stays VERY cool. As I stated, on the regular, that pc averages 30c cpu and 30-40c gpu. I just checked it with CAM. its idle. 22c cpu, 28c gpu, motherboard temps read 30c and below. The SSD is at 30c. The only thing i wondered. Was the PSU heating up. pc is well ventilated. two intake fans, cpu fan, one rear and two top exhaust fans. it sits in a corner. back towards a wall and the right side near a wall, left side facing out(NZXT phantom 410 case).

firelink70

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014
That back fan might just be shoving the warm air against a wall, but it seems like your temps are normal. Are the beeps coming from an internal mobo speaker? Or from the computers speakers, headphones, etc.?

in2tense

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

now thats a good question. Im pretty sure the maximus viii ranger MB doesn't have a speaker. I'll have to get back to you when I find out if she can possibly catch where she hears the sound. She tells me from the back when it happens. The back, and a speaker are near each other, so, I'll see if I can get a pinpoint answer. One thing I MIGHT do, since you brought up memory like I've read before, is swap memory and see if MY pc beeps. They are both exact except our cases.