Balanced or High Performance Power Plan For AMD FX 8350?

Solution
Depends on what you are doing. For regular computing, I would go with the balanced. If you only game on the PC, I would go with High Performance.

With either setting the CPU will alternate between between different power states and it will still run at full power when doing demanding tasks (there are sleep settings and other stuff too that you are free to modify). It's just that with Balanced you will spend more time at lower power states and with High Performance you will spend more time at higher power states (and use a bit more electricity). It really is a bigger issue for laptop users and people whose computer runs on the hot side.
Depends on what you are doing. For regular computing, I would go with the balanced. If you only game on the PC, I would go with High Performance.

With either setting the CPU will alternate between between different power states and it will still run at full power when doing demanding tasks (there are sleep settings and other stuff too that you are free to modify). It's just that with Balanced you will spend more time at lower power states and with High Performance you will spend more time at higher power states (and use a bit more electricity). It really is a bigger issue for laptop users and people whose computer runs on the hot side.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS