'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' Getting 'Siege Of Dragonspear' Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
This is kind of cool, but I'm still waiting for an option to buy BGEE / BG2EE / IWDEE with both Android and desktop versions in one. I do want to get them at some point, but I'm not buying the same game twice to get a reskinned UI. They could distribute through the Humble Store that way, I get a lot of games that support desktop and mobile there. But like I said, I want to pay once for the damn game everywhere. Maybe GOG should come to Android?

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
The more BG the merrier. Just make sure the bugs are kept at bay and I'm good to go. I hope they keep updating all the classics. I'd like to see all the wizardy, ultima's etc redone too. Get the Grimrock guys to do Wizardry's :) They seem to already have it down with Grimrock 1 & 2. Can't wait for Grimrock 3... :)

KublaiKhan

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
Why are there people on the roof of the house, bottom middle?

I'm not impressed with the click-click-click game play of the last Diablo, but I don't know that I ever want to experience bitmapped gaming ever again, either. The shallow and mindless games of today do not deserve their graphics.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

I didn't buy D3. And shallow mindless games of today are not what I'm talking about getting redone with todays graphics. Wiz/Ultima/Bard's Tale's etc games were about story (as was BG 1, 2 etc.) along with great game play. The crap you're talking about is exactly why I want more of the old (REAL GAME PLAY) games brought back and updated. Sure you can take a few liberties to add some new features we have today, but you have a great base of content back then that they just don't do today. There are many more, those are just examples. When you bought games back then they had to concentrate on story/gameplay because they had no awesome graphics to wiz/bang you with, and those games lasted a month or more rather than today's mostly finished in a Saturday crap (that admittedly looks very pretty, but that's about it).

Lare Thian

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

I didn't buy D3. And shallow mindless games of today are not what I'm talking about getting redone with todays graphics. Wiz/Ultima/Bard's Tale's etc games were about story (as was BG 1, 2 etc.) along with great game play. The crap you're talking about is exactly why I want more of the old (REAL GAME PLAY) games brought back and updated. Sure you can take a few liberties to add some new features we have today, but you have a great base of content back then that they just don't do today. There are many more, those are just examples. When you bought games back then they had to concentrate on story/gameplay because they had no awesome graphics to wiz/bang you with, and those games lasted a month or more rather than today's mostly finished in a Saturday crap (that admittedly looks very pretty, but that's about it).
There's no point in replying to somebody who never played the game before and trying to comment on the article and making himself look stupid.
Anyone who plays BG knows full well that the 'people on the rooftop' are actually people on the road and the house is 'made transparent' for them to show up.

KublaiKhan

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
LOL. I thought they did that by actually fading obstructions out of the way. Be that as it may, I don't think my life cheapened by not having played Baldur's Gate. I probably bought it, because I played a lot of similar D&D titles in the 90's, but I never played that particular title.

KublaiKhan

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
There was more to them. There was strategy. There were things to remember. Hell, Dungeons and Dragons had to be one of the best games ever made, because you had to use your brain. Diablo 3, wherein all you use is one finger, can never measure up to those old Gold Box games. No brain required. Like I said, those new games don't deserve their graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.