Baldur's Gate II Fixpack Testers Needed

With the disappearance of Kevin Dorner and the cessation of activity of
the Baldurdash fixpack for BG2, several modders and myself began working
on a new WeiDU fixpack to address the numerous bugs that have been
identified since Baldurdash. This collaborative effort, including the
work of modders from several different modding communities, has resulted
in a fixpack that currently includes all of the fixes addressed by
Baldurdash (including the Game Text Update) and several hundred new
bugfixes. The project is ongoing, and we're working through a
substantial list of bugs culled from various sites and the old
Baldurdash forums. The project has matured enough for us to begin
soliciting testers and recruit additional modding talent to continue the
bugfixing efforts.

For testers, we're seeking players familiar with the intricacies of the
game and engine, and an eye for detail is a requirement. Testing will
commence with our next development release, slated for late April. The
tester's role will be threefold--to report any issues with existing
fixes, help us confirm and replicate existing bugs on our buglist, and
to identify new bugs to be fixed.

For modders, we're looking for folks that can confirm, replicate, and
fix bugs. One of the goals of the fixpack is to address bugs without
overwriting files, so familiarity with file patching via WeiDU is very
much desired. Failing that, being able to confirm and identify the
source of bugs would still be a great help.

If you're interested in helping, either as a tester or fixer, please
contact me by email. The forum is currently private and is hosted at
http://forums.gibberlings3.net/ .

Kish wrote:

<snip>

> For modders, we're looking for folks that can confirm, replicate, and
> fix bugs. One of the goals of the fixpack is to address bugs without
> overwriting files, so familiarity with file patching via WeiDU is very
> much desired. Failing that, being able to confirm and identify the
> source of bugs would still be a great help.

I have a few files that fix the behaviour of blackrazor and the other
haste items, but have no idea how WeiDU works.

Graeme Dice wrote:
> Kish wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> For modders, we're looking for folks that can confirm, replicate, and
>> fix bugs. One of the goals of the fixpack is to address bugs without
>> overwriting files, so familiarity with file patching via WeiDU is very
>> much desired. Failing that, being able to confirm and identify the
>> source of bugs would still be a great help.
>

> I have a few files that fix the behaviour of blackrazor and the other
> haste items, but have no idea how WeiDU works.

What did you fix? We may have gotten it already.

Kish wrote:
> Graeme Dice wrote:
>
>> Kish wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> For modders, we're looking for folks that can confirm, replicate, and
>>> fix bugs. One of the goals of the fixpack is to address bugs without
>>> overwriting files, so familiarity with file patching via WeiDU is
>>> very much desired. Failing that, being able to confirm and identify
>>> the source of bugs would still be a great help.
>>

>> I have a few files that fix the behaviour of blackrazor and the other
>> haste items, but have no idea how WeiDU works.
>

> What did you fix? We may have gotten it already.

The haste from Blackrazor, the bracers that cast haste, and the cloak
that casts improved haste all overwrite the improved haste/haste spell.
I added another haste spell called "Blackrazor haste" that doesn't
overwrite the other ones, and made those two items cast improved haste
of the appropriate level.

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> With the disappearance of Kevin Dorner and the cessation of activity
of
> the Baldurdash fixpack for BG2, several modders and myself began
working
> on a new WeiDU fixpack to address the numerous bugs that have been
> identified since Baldurdash. This collaborative effort, including
the
> work of modders from several different modding communities, has
resulted
> in a fixpack that currently includes all of the fixes addressed by
> Baldurdash (including the Game Text Update) and several hundred new
> bugfixes. The project is ongoing, and we're working through a
> substantial list of bugs culled from various sites and the old
> Baldurdash forums. The project has matured enough for us to begin
> soliciting testers and recruit additional modding talent to continue
the
> bugfixing efforts.
>
> For testers, we're seeking players familiar with the intricacies of
the
> game and engine, and an eye for detail is a requirement. Testing
will
> commence with our next development release, slated for late April.
The
> tester's role will be threefold--to report any issues with existing
> fixes, help us confirm and replicate existing bugs on our buglist,
and
> to identify new bugs to be fixed.
>
> For modders, we're looking for folks that can confirm, replicate,
and
> fix bugs. One of the goals of the fixpack is to address bugs without
> overwriting files, so familiarity with file patching via WeiDU is
very
> much desired. Failing that, being able to confirm and identify the
> source of bugs would still be a great help.
>
> If you're interested in helping, either as a tester or fixer, please
> contact me by email. The forum is currently private and is hosted
at
> http://forums.gibberlings3.net/ .

Hm. I actually picked up a few fixes myself that I thought deserved to
be in a full fixpack... I'll see whether you've got them or not.

But not until tomorrow. It's 5am here.

Jonathan.