baldur's gate: removing the movies

i'm at the very end of baldur's gate 1, and although i finish the
final battle, i can't get the final movie to play. i think my CD
might be messed up.

it says that the game is saved under "final game", which i can see,
and that all the characters are exported.

if i load the "final game", it asks for disk 4, but then nothing
happens. it just keeps asking for it.

i can't find the exported characters either.

i try to load "tales from the sword coast", but it asks me to load the
final save game, which then tries to load the final cut scene, which
doesn't work.

is there a way i can set the game to not look for the movies so i can
get past this? or is something *really* buggered up?

cassandra

forever darkness <spirit@cyberbeach.netSpAmBoT> wrote:

>i try to load "tales from the sword coast", but it asks me to load the
>final save game, which then tries to load the final cut scene, which
>doesn't work.
>
>is there a way i can set the game to not look for the movies so i can
>get past this? or is something *really* buggered up?

ok, nevermind all this... i figured out the mistake.

now i've got the problem that i can't seem to get the expansion to
load. it says to load the mission pack, and then load the final saved
game on my save game list. when i load the final save, i wind up
standing at the front door of the temple, before i start the fight.
what the heck??

any ideas how to start "tales of the sword coast"?

cassandra

IIRC Tales of the Sword Coast is meant to be played during the normal game.
It adds new locations which you can visit anytime.
The placing of your party in front of the temple is to give you the
opportunity to go back and do the new stuff if you have already finished the
unexpanded BG. The end fight also has been modified to take into account the
expected rise in power onxe you return after doing the expansion areas.

"Markus Schäfer" <markus.schaefer@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

>IIRC Tales of the Sword Coast is meant to be played during the normal game.
>It adds new locations which you can visit anytime.
>The placing of your party in front of the temple is to give you the
>opportunity to go back and do the new stuff if you have already finished the
>unexpanded BG. The end fight also has been modified to take into account the
>expected rise in power onxe you return after doing the expansion areas.

ok, now i have the problem that it's not making the "final save" slot.
i erased the old one, and now it doesn't recreate it. i finish the
fight and that's it... i get an end game and no "final save" from
which i can take the characters out.

am i supposed to do the tales of the sword coast areas first and then
come back and do the final battle??

cassandra

In message <vlm4619rvnsgkpmfukdikr0rs410rs80t9@4ax.com>, forever
darkness <spirit@cyberbeach.netSpAmBoT> writes
>"Markus Schäfer" <markus.schaefer@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
>
>>IIRC Tales of the Sword Coast is meant to be played during the normal game.
>>It adds new locations which you can visit anytime.
>>The placing of your party in front of the temple is to give you the
>>opportunity to go back and do the new stuff if you have already finished the
>>unexpanded BG. The end fight also has been modified to take into account the
>>expected rise in power onxe you return after doing the expansion areas.
>
>ok, now i have the problem that it's not making the "final save" slot.
>i erased the old one, and now it doesn't recreate it. i finish the
>fight and that's it... i get an end game and no "final save" from
>which i can take the characters out.
>
>am i supposed to do the tales of the sword coast areas first and then
>come back and do the final battle??

Yes
--
John Secker

"John Secker" <john@secker.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <vlm4619rvnsgkpmfukdikr0rs410rs80t9@4ax.com>, forever
> darkness <spirit@cyberbeach.netSpAmBoT> writes
> >"Markus Schäfer" <markus.schaefer@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> >
> >>IIRC Tales of the Sword Coast is meant to be played during the
normal game.
> >>It adds new locations which you can visit anytime.
> >>The placing of your party in front of the temple is to give you
the
> >>opportunity to go back and do the new stuff if you have already
finished the
> >>unexpanded BG. The end fight also has been modified to take into
account the
> >>expected rise in power onxe you return after doing the expansion
areas.

> >ok, now i have the problem that it's not making the "final save"
slot.
> >i erased the old one, and now it doesn't recreate it. i finish the
> >fight and that's it... i get an end game and no "final save" from
> >which i can take the characters out.
> >
> >am i supposed to do the tales of the sword coast areas first and
then
> >come back and do the final battle??
> >
> Yes

The "Final-Save" is made *when you ENTER the Temple of Bhaal BEFORE
the final fight*. If you've deleted an old Final-Save, and are
starting again and reloading from a position of being already in the
Temple, then the game won't create a new one.

Which is why, when you go on to the Tales Of The Sword Coast new
areas, you are doing it from a game perspective that is *before*
you've entered the Temple and fought the final fight.

This also means that if you intend to do BG1, Tales of the Sword
Coast, and then import the character to BG2, you have to enter the
Temple of Bhaal LAST OF ALL, after completeing all the TotSC quests.
Because if you go in, kill the final villain, then play through from
the Final-Save and complete all the TotSC areas, then import the
Final-Save to BG2, *it will be an OLD version of the Final-Save that
you import - based on the time before you had adventured in the new
areas*: you need to overwrite that old version with a new one, by
going into the Temple of Bhaal, AFTER completing all you wish to do in
the new areas. The game still thinks you haven't done the final fight
yet.

Jonathan.