Ballmer Confirms Win7 Beta in the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJB

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
"The system felt very stable and responsible..." - thank goodness for that! I for one, *hate* irresponsible operating systems.

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
"Some minor features, like Windows 7's Aero Shake feature, is still unfinished."
Should be
"Some minor features, like Windows 7's Aero Shake feature, ARE still unfinished."

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Agreed the Vista SP2 umm I mean Windows 7 does feel ready. The only issue I found was that IE 8 included with the build is still unpredictable. I have run ino a number of issues running java. Otherwise it doesn't feel like a beta at all.

The differences with Vista are subtle. Which bring me to my point, is this worthy of being called a new OS? I don't think so, it's Vista optimized with an UI updates. More or less the same gig as 2000 to XP using many of the same tricks.

G

I would want to see it's performance and response be compared to XP.
Imight skip windows 7 in all; since I still have an OEM XP CD laying around; and no need for a new OS, if it is not as responsive as XP.

davidgbailey

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
So is it safe to say that after seven years of waiting, Vista was the beta for Windows 7? Windows users have been beta testing. I just don't understand the mentality of someone that can have any hope remaining after 8+ years of waiting for a decent operating system. Mac's transition to a completely different architecture (x86) went much more smoothly. I used Mac OS X through the transition. I haven't had to wait for a new operating system. I used to live in denial when I was in the other camp. I know what it feels like. The audacity of hope - Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS