Ballmer Says Windows 8 Will be Pretty Important

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Is it me or does he looks more like the Penguin from Batman every year.

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]People like you is why we pay so much for software. The fact you're proud of it shows how pathetic you are.[/citation]

so you didnt download any of the milestones to check it out?

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]cool cant wait to pirate it[/citation]
Pay for your damn software! Many of us make a living off that software you decide to steal.

The success of Windows 8 might be important for Ballmer's job security, but from what I've seen of it so far, I'll take a pass and stick with Win 7.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]so you didnt download any of the milestones to check it out?[/citation]

There's a difference between downloading a leaked milestone or cracked version (which makes you scum) and testing a publicly available open beta and either purchasing the end product, or rolling back to your previous OS on release.

Personally, I was on the Windows 7 Beta from the moment it went public, and pre-purchased it as soon as I could because of how much better than Vista it was. I'll be getting the Windows 8 beta if I can, if not I'll probably be getting it when it comes out either way.

i didnt paint the entire picture of my intentions and im not going to cuz it'll just come out like backtracking and i dont care that much. when i examine my specific needs for an operating system i can hardly find any reason to move from xp to win7 other than unecessary eyecandy like dx11, and an unnecessary upgrade from traditional HDDs to SSDs. i use firefox for all web-browsing and email. i use nero 7 for its features. i use free-codecs.com for a player and all the free codecs i could need. i promise to pay for any software that i find useful / enjoyable.

there's currently no way to purchase windows 8 so i dont have a problem at all for pirating any milestones to check it out.

Edit: And to further clarify "check it out" means installing it to an old hdd and spending an hour with it. Afterwards, recovering the GBs used to store the iso by deleting it, and the old hdd wiped and tossed on the shelf for my next delving into alternative operating systems whether it be some flavor of linux or to play with some other milestone. My conscience is clear as I am in no way benefiting from any unpaid-for software.

asinausk

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]People like you is why we pay so much for software. The fact you're proud of it shows how pathetic you are.[/citation]

lol...

someone has been drinking the water...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
adobe owes where it is to pirates. they sell it for several hundred dollars because its "professional grade" tool set, when i want to bet more people use a pirated copy instead of a real one. however adobe makes its money off the commercial market.

Microsoft also owes much of where it sits to piracy.

the reason you pay so much for windows is because... well... do you have much of a choice, you either use the os that damn near everything is developed for, use an os that has next to nothing developed for it, or use an os that is community support and takes real tech skill to use. they got you by the balls and they know it.

you think a pirate, if they couldn't get it for free, would pay for it? there are rare exceptions but generally if someone is pirating something, they WOULD NOT pay for it even if it was borderline free.

considering that the complete version of win 8 will in all likely hood cost 300-400$, this is by no means cheap.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
since when has windows ever been $300-400?

Windows OEM versions start at around $100 and retails around $180...

if you want t complain about an OS that cost $300-400 then go look at Apple products.

Status
Not open for further replies.