Ballmer: Win 7 Sales 'Fantastic', 2x Predecessors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
It's a good product, but these sale numbers were expected,especially when knowing that vista did not get accepted very well by the general public.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]Can't wait to see the new Mac commercials.PC: I'm a PC, and your commercials don't seem to be working out like you'd expected.Mac: ...[/citation]
Oh snap! Epic pwnage!

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
The apple commercials are very old, they need to go a different direction on their advertising. Apple needs to show off thier Pc's in their comercials and get away from bashing Windows. Their advertising crew needs to be fired and bring in some new people with fresh idea's. As far as Windows 7 goes, i had it on my PC for a trial period and i had no problems with it at all and would recommend. I will get it when i upgrade my PC till then i'll keep what i got. Go Windows 7......................

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Windows 7 is now on 3/4 computers in my house, and I didn't pay a cent. Being a MSDNAA member is sweet :)

I dont dare install on that last system though, a P4 with 512mb of RAM and a 4200RPM hard drive will not make for a good Win7 experience.

That said, the faithful old Athlon XP with 1.75GB RAM and a 7200RPM 250gb hard drive runs Win7 surprisingly smoothly!

G

I have the idea that latest 2 Windows where programmed by designartists instead of by people who actually use it,and work with it!

It took the free response and complaints of millions of users, to tell MS how to build it!
And it's still far from 'the perfect OS for the job'.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]Oh snap! Epic pwnage![/citation]
I can see your maturity, what is exactly the ownage here?

They just said that Win 7 sold 2 x more than Vista... hmmmm knowing how bad was Vista done, this was to be expected... and it actually proves and contradicts their previous news statements about Vista as being the best upgrade out there from XP....

Anyway, use some soup and wash that MS fanboyism of your eyes so you can see clearly.

Why do you even mention Mac in these comments. This news has nothing to do with Apple. Are you so envious that you have to post some lame ass comments like this in order to satisfy your shortcomings?

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
It's about time they gave us a good OS at launch. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't rush the next 1 or 2 OS before having another great success such as W7.

G

Saying that one companies success has nothing to do with that company's competitor shows a great lack of understanding. And don't spew that crap about Apple not really being MS's competitor because it is. Why else would Apple talk bad about them in every single computer commercial that they run?

and still talking trash about vista, anti-MS fanboy much?

And by what logic does this contradict their previous comments about Vista being the best upgrade from XP. It is absolutely no different then Apple saying hey add this new OS called leopard it is the best upgrade to tiger and then now saying the same thing about the snow leopard(service pack) being the best upgrade to leopard.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]... P4 with 512mb of RAM and a 4200RPM hard drive will not make for a good Win7 experience. [/citation]You'd be surprised. I installed the Beta on a similar setup and it was just as usable as a PC as when it had Windows 2000 on it.

insaneclowngod

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Euphoria_MK[/nom].Why do you even mention Mac in these comments. This news has nothing to do with Apple.[/citation]

the_one111 never said anything about apple, first off.
Second the "Ownage" would be in El Capitan's comment that Apples new ad that says "everyone has upgrade fever! well since we are upgrading we decided to go with a mac because it works" is not the case, considering the 40 million copies of windows 7 sold over the.... what 10,000 new macs/OSX purchased in the same time period?

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Hmm, why does it contradict their previous comments about Vista being the best upgrade from XP... Well I dont know where you lived for the last three - four years, but Vista wasnt quite the success they wanted to be. People, Businesses, refused to upgrade from XP to Vista due to its high requirements and lack of optimization.
So saying that Win 7 outsold Vista by 2x is nothing spectacular. Vista should have been in the first place what Win 7 is, to start with...
Even developers at Microsoft were not installing Vista on their PCs, not that tells you something about Vista.
I would expect Win 7 sales to go up as people upgrade to newer hardware, since they dont offer the Windows XP anymore...
The funny part here is that people get offended by the Mac commercial... It's a freakin commercial! Give me one commercial that speaks the absolute truth... and who cares if they speak trash about Windows? Do you not have a brain for yourself to decide what you need and what you are going to purchase?
I use all OSs, Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
I have three desktops, one running XP Pro, one running Win 7 Premium, and one running Fedora 12.
I have two laptops, one ruining Fedora 12 and one of the new Macbook Pros, running Snow Leopard and 2nd partition Win 7 Premium.

I personally dont feel offended by any of the commercials, acutaly I think that some are funny and some are stupid, but I dont go on every forum on the net to complain or talk trash about Mac or MS every time one of them releases some news.

insaneclowngod

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Lol I'm not offended. You asked where the "pwnage" was and I explained. I think the mac vs. pc commercials Are funny. Good jorb buddy, good jorb. Also the articles says outsold ALL previous MS OS's NOT just vista in the same time after release. Before you "point" this out, yes it does have something to do with the fact that there are more computers in the world now than previously as well.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]You'd be surprised. I installed the Beta on a similar setup and it was just as usable as a PC as when it had Windows 2000 on it.[/citation]

Nice to know, I might try it. As it is, it runs XP like a snail trudging through molasses, but that's probably mainly because it hasnt been reformatted since it was bought 4 years ago.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]The apple commercials are very old, they need to go a different direction on their advertising. Apple needs to show off thier Pc's in their comercials and get away from bashing Windows. Their advertising crew needs to be fired and bring in some new people with fresh idea's. As far as Windows 7 goes, i had it on my PC for a trial period and i had no problems with it at all and would recommend. I will get it when i upgrade my PC till then i'll keep what i got. Go Windows 7......................[/citation]
You said it perfectly! Apple is no longer competing with Vista, it's now Windows7 they need to 'bash' and truthfully, there's not much to bash there, so it's time they put out a fresh marketing plan or their "I'm a mac, and I'm a PC" commercials will look really, really pathetic. But, it's Apple, and they are generally speaking rather pathetic, so I guess the commercials would be accurate.

ano

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Euphoria_MK[/nom]I can see your maturity, what is exactly the ownage here?They just said that Win 7 sold 2 x more than Vista... hmmmm knowing how bad was Vista done, this was to be expected... and it actually proves and contradicts their previous news statements about Vista as being the best upgrade out there from XP....Anyway, use some soup and wash that MS fanboyism of your eyes so you can see clearly.Why do you even mention Mac in these comments. This news has nothing to do with Apple. Are you so envious that you have to post some lame ass comments like this in order to satisfy your shortcomings?[/citation]

LOL !

this comment makes you an Apple's fanboy, so dont preach others about "fanboyism", please!

ano

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
"Windows 7 is the simply best PC operating system we have ever built," Ballmer added. "It enables people to do more of what they want to do more easily and more quickly, and customers are responding."

i'm wondering, when "some other" companies' leaders will "learn" that they should talk about their own products rather than bashing Microsoft's products?!

some people should learn from Steve Ballmer.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
I think some perspective is needed here. Win7 is nice and I'm glad I upgraded. However, I don't see it as much as a large step as say, Win95 was to Win3.1.1 or even WinXP to Win98. It's an incremental upgrade with several UI improvements and major bug fixes from Vista, imo.

Furthermore, I took advantage of the early half-price upgrade offer and am quite satisfied with what I got for the price. I would not feel so pleased if I were paying the full upgrade price today.

Although Windows 7 is much much better than Vista there is still a lot still wrong with it, there is still no compelling reason to upgrade from Windows XP and I will probably stick with XP until the day I decide to go 64 bit.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
And what does 40 million Windows 7 OS look like in market share? A combination of all Windows OS bumped up from 92.56% market share to 92.9% AMAZING!!!

G

"Since launch, we've already sold twice as many units of Windows 7 than any other operating system we've ever launched in a comparable time," -Ballmer

BS! This OS isn't sold, it's shoved down our throats whether we want it or not. Go to any retailer and the OS is already locked to the computer - laptop you're going to purchase. "sold twice as many units" - obviously, there are more folks using computers than 10 years ago, especially laptops.

Morons should of cut up monopolistic microsoft ages ago. Europe is at least doing something about it, United States is still popping stupid pill on daily basis.

Great sales.. pfff laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS