Ballmer's Signs Windows 7 Signature Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VidGameKing

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Aw shoot!!!! It's 32-Bit!!! What a load of garbage! I'm getting my free copy on the 7th with my "house party" pack, but now I see it's only 32-Bit! How's that supposed to make me like Windows 7? I've got 4GB of RAM!!!!! Good thing I've got my MSDN account to fall back on... (I've already got the retail windows 7 Ultimate running on my computer!)

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
A guy here @ work was having a Win7 party... I laughed.

Honestly, i will happily dump $250 for my copy of NON signed OEM Win7 Ultimate instead of throwing or attending a Win7 party.

All the power to you if you are geeky enough to claim a "legal" free copy this way.

VidGameKing

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
They did this to us back at the Vista launch party, we all got copies, but they were only 32-Bit, I threw mine in the trash at the Santa Clara Convention Center, I didn't even bother bringing that useless sludge home!

G

According to the ones already on Ebay, There's 2 DVD's. Black sleeved for 32 bit and white sleeved 64 bit. We can only hope.

G

Actually it's 32 or 64 bit. I literally responded to an email to "host" a party. I'm not yet sure if there will be an actual party - but my free copy of Win 7 is in the mail!

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Throw your regular paty, get pissed/drunk, stoned etc, and all you have to do is have a few Win 7 pictures here and there. Who doesnt like to party? LOL, not like you'd have to tell the guests the reason beind it, just have a normal party as you would do on a bday/special occasion.

Heck, gatecrash someone elses party with a few Win 7 stuff, stand with the crowd in the background, face cam, smile and you just threw a party for win 7.

Ebay is a laoda bs when it comes to legit and copy material. Win 7 is 1 DVD with the choice to install 64 or 32 at installation setup stage, prior to formatting.

G

OMG!

Now that's freaking cheap!

You'd think they would at least provide the same deal that you normally have have in the retail package, a choice between 32-bit or 64-bit.

Even worse is that Ballmer was too cheap to personally sign each of the packages instead of having his signature copied. Now that is Really Cheap!

They were probably afraid that if Ballmer actually signed the packages for real, that the Signature Editions would bring a really high price on FleaBay.

G

[citation][nom]ohenry[/nom]According to the ones already on Ebay, There's 2 DVD's. Black sleeved for 32 bit and white sleeved 64 bit. We can only hope.[/citation]
Well, at least it's not as bad as we first thought, but it's still really cheap that Ballmer couldn't be bothered to personally sign each one.

manjyomethunder

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]Well, at least it's not as bad as we first thought, but it's still really cheap that Ballmer couldn't be bothered to personally sign each one.[/citation]

Do you have ANY idea how many of these there are, and how long it'd take to sign each one? We'd have them by the time Windows 8 released.

VidGameKing

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Well if there's a 64-Bit, AND a 32-Bit version, I don't suppose we'd be so lucky as to get two licenses? I guess if I get just a 32-bit copy I'll install it on my Dell D610 with it's 32-Bit Pentium M chip. It's x300 graphics earn it a score of 2! woo... hoo...

I'm not sure why they can't make a single disc solution. Then again, on the MSDN site, you have to pick 32-bit of 64-bit...

VidGameKing

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
[citation][nom]manjyomethunder[/nom]Do you have ANY idea how many of these there are, and how long it'd take to sign each one? We'd have them by the time Windows 8 released.[/citation]

I don't know! Have you seen Ballmer do a presentation? I'm sure he's got some performance enhancing substance… He could sign like 10 million of them in like three seconds!

G

[citation][nom]manjyomethunder[/nom]Do you have ANY idea how many of these there are, and how long it'd take to sign each one? We'd have them by the time Windows 8 released.[/citation]
Not really, but I do suppose he could spend at least one work day signing as many as possible.

You figure he could get at least between 2000 - 4000 signed in a single day.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]VidGameKing[/nom]Aw shoot!!!! It's 32-Bit!!! What a load of garbage! I'm getting my free copy on the 7th with my "house party" pack, but now I see it's only 32-Bit! How's that supposed to make me like Windows 7? I've got 4GB of RAM!!!!! Good thing I've got my MSDN account to fall back on... (I've already got the retail windows 7 Ultimate running on my computer!)[/citation]

The key works on both 32bit and 64bit editions. All you gotta do is get a copy of the 64bit iso burn it and install and it will activate. This is a promo product, beggers can't be choosers over a 10 cent blank.

G

Better rethink that, closer to 2000 Signed Editions I'd say if he can at least manage about 250 signatures per hour.

crosko42

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
You get both versions, mine came in the mail today. Also to those saying they dont want to be bothered to throw a party, do you think big bad M$ is going to check out whether or not you threw a party? Of course not, its just an easy way to save some money. I will be enjoying my napkins/posters/streamers/cards of course, as well as enjoying my copy of Win7 well before the street date, even though like most I've been running iton one of my computers for quite some time.

manjyomethunder

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]Not really, but I do suppose he could spend at least one work day signing as many as possible.You figure he could get at least between 2000 - 4000 signed in a single day.[/citation]

... So you want him to SIT THERE FOR HOURS ON END SIGNING HIS NAME?

And 4000 doesn't put a DENT in it.

CoolBeansG

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
I heard that there will be 20 to 30 thousand copies made for this party, and whatever else they might want to do with these signature disk. Do you really think he's going to sit around signing that many copies? Just in case you missed the other person who wrote. There are 32 and 64 bit versions in the Party Pack. I'm going to have a wonderful time at my party. Sorry ya couldn't be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.