balmora expansion mod

Would this be a good mod to install? I have just started this game
and I decided to install a bunch of the improvement mods (better
heads, better bodies, etc) and I wondered if this just adds more to do
or if it messes up anything for a first-time play-through?

hamster king wrote:

> Would this be a good mod to install? I have just started this game
> and I decided to install a bunch of the improvement mods (better
> heads, better bodies, etc) and I wondered if this just adds more to do
> or if it messes up anything for a first-time play-through?

I wouldn't unless you have a monster PC, this one is a real frame-rate
killer. If you're just starting the game you won't be short of things to
do for a long time anyway!

PB

"hamster king" <hamster@king.gerbil> schreef in bericht
> Would this be a good mod to install? I have just started this game
> and I decided to install a bunch of the improvement mods (better
> heads, better bodies, etc) and I wondered if this just adds more to do
> or if it messes up anything for a first-time play-through?

yep, yep, realy the behaviour of the hamster.
Without mods you can spend more than a year and you need mods in the first
days? lol.

pieter
www.borrasart.com

sarah

"hamster king" <hamster@king.gerbil> wrote in message

> Would this be a good mod to install? I have just started this game
> and I decided to install a bunch of the improvement mods (better
> heads, better bodies, etc) and I wondered if this just adds more to do
> or if it messes up anything for a first-time play-through?

I wouldn't if it's your first time through. In fact, apart from texture
replacers, I'd play a "vanilla" game for a few hours with a throwaway
character so you can figure out what bothers you and what doesn't. Then
you'll know what type of mods to look for.

> > Would this be a good mod to install? I have just started this game
> > and I decided to install a bunch of the improvement mods (better
> > heads, better bodies, etc) and I wondered if this just adds more to do
> > or if it messes up anything for a first-time play-through?
>
> I wouldn't if it's your first time through. In fact, apart from texture
> replacers, I'd play a "vanilla" game for a few hours with a throwaway
> character so you can figure out what bothers you and what doesn't. Then
> you'll know what type of mods to look for.

I'd also make exceptions for any game-improvement mods, such as those that
fix deficiencies in the original game. Mods that add content, I'd leave for
later, but there are some just general improvement mods that I can't live
without now, and they won't spoil your game if you use them from the
beginning.

Might as well throw in a plug here, as it just so happens that all of the
mods I've made myself fall under this category. I don't want to mess around
with the balance of the game, just fix it so things work or look better.
The four mods I've released are:

-Key Namer - Makes the keys have more descriptive names.
-Scroll Icons - Gives different icons to all the scrolls so you can tell
them apart. Icons are color coded by school and bear the symbol for the
spell they cast.
-Left Gloves - Gives distinct models and icons to all the left and right
gloves/bracers/gauntlets/pauldrons so you can tell them apart.
-Improved Followers - Fixes several annoying AI bugs with all the escort
missions in the game. (This is in Beta, and there are known bugs that I
have to fix, so use at your own risk.)

All are available on www.tesmods.net, though I may be uploading them
somewhere else, as that site seems to be pretty slow lately.

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message

> -Scroll Icons - Gives different icons to all the scrolls so you can tell
> them apart. Icons are color coded by school and bear the symbol for the
> spell they cast.

Is there one for potions, also? Because it's always bothered me that in
most games, you can tell what potion it is by just looking at the bottle.
But, in Morrowind you cannot -- all the standards look the same, all the
exclusives look the same, etc. The only thing that are unique are the
various liquors -- Sujamma, Skooma, Mead, etc.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:43:52 GMT, "Pope Emperor FrogMaN"
<uncle_toade@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
>
>> -Scroll Icons - Gives different icons to all the scrolls so you can tell
>> them apart. Icons are color coded by school and bear the symbol for the
>> spell they cast.
>
>Is there one for potions, also? Because it's always bothered me that in
>most games, you can tell what potion it is by just looking at the bottle.
>But, in Morrowind you cannot -- all the standards look the same, all the
>exclusives look the same, etc. The only thing that are unique are the
>various liquors -- Sujamma, Skooma, Mead, etc.

The mod I use for this is Erasmus' Potion and Scroll Icons. Srikandi's
Potion Sorter is another alternative, though it doesn't do quite what
you're asking for.

> >Is there one for potions, also? Because it's always bothered me that in
> >most games, you can tell what potion it is by just looking at the bottle.
> >But, in Morrowind you cannot -- all the standards look the same, all the
> >exclusives look the same, etc. The only thing that are unique are the
> >various liquors -- Sujamma, Skooma, Mead, etc.
> >
> The mod I use for this is Erasmus' Potion and Scroll Icons. Srikandi's
> Potion Sorter is another alternative, though it doesn't do quite what
> you're asking for.

I like Srikandi's Potion Sorter. I didn't realize there was already a
Scroll Icons plugin out there, though. I'll have to take a look at it. I
just basically took the original scroll icon, color coded them by school,
and added the icon for the spells they cast. It looks pretty decent, and I
personally can't live without it now. Didn't see the competition on this
one, though.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:28:38 -0500, "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>
wrote:

>I like Srikandi's Potion Sorter. I didn't realize there was already a
>Scroll Icons plugin out there, though. I'll have to take a look at it. I
>just basically took the original scroll icon, color coded them by school,
>and added the icon for the spells they cast. It looks pretty decent, and I
>personally can't live without it now. Didn't see the competition on this
>one, though.

That's pretty much what his are; I wouldn't be surprised if they're
quite similar.

Greg Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:28:38 -0500, "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>
> wrote:
>
>> I like Srikandi's Potion Sorter. I didn't realize there was already
>> a Scroll Icons plugin out there, though. I'll have to take a look
>> at it. I just basically took the original scroll icon, color coded
>> them by school, and added the icon for the spells they cast. It
>> looks pretty decent, and I personally can't live without it now.
>> Didn't see the competition on this one, though.
>>
> That's pretty much what his are; I wouldn't be surprised if they're
> quite similar.

I find the original potions and scrolls icons a real hinderence to gameplay.

Here's what I use now...
http://img43.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img43&image=chastity6pi.jpg much easier to
spot the item required.