Ban Limits?

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
At present, the moderators can ban memebers for (1) 24 hrs, and (2) 72 hrs. After that, we refer them to Fredi for a permanent ban.

So let's say, we don't want a permanent ban (or Fredi opts no) - what then?

Does this auto system recycle, or does the member who had 2 bans now have imunity?

See this example:
BanLimit.jpg

Alta is a "dummy" acct of mine - I want to know what I can do to "alta" if Fredi does not ban him permanently?

How do we recycle this system? Can we set it then to 24, or 72 hr bans manually - for indefinately?

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'll reset that thing in case I should really say no. I don't expect that to happen to often, but who knows 8)

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Currently, there is no recycling, i.e. once you put in a 72 hour ban, the system would not accept anymore.

Ideas:
-max/fredi can go into the database manually and clear the flags
-after xx days (say 30) those bans expire automatically

You can come up with other ideas I am sure. Then talk to Fredi and if he agrees, we create a mini project to do them.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Other idea (neater) is to put a reset button next to each ban entry, and admins (fredi, et al) can delete those bans.

If this does not happen too often, going into the db, and manually deleting those rows is the easiest solution of course (but more error prone).

TRENDING THREADS