Question Bandwidth problems

Jul 31, 2022
All right guys here's my question I live in a house with 10 other m**** and I can't play video games on my phone because it says the network latency is too high is there any way I can hog all the bandwidth or at least give my phone priority on the network or maybe even kick some people off that way I can play my video games? I'm on The latest version of Android and my phone is a TCL. Thank you very much

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
For that, you need access to the wi-fi router, including knowing the admin username and password, so that you can allocate more bandwidth to one specific device. Which is a poor and selfish move.

Else-ways, you have to take what you have, until you can move to your own place and use all the bandwidth for yourself.

Jul 31, 2022
For that, you need access to the wi-fi router, including knowing the admin username and password, so that you can allocate more bandwidth to one specific device. Which is a poor and selfish move.

Else-ways, you have to take what you have, until you can move to your own place and use all the bandwidth for yourself.
Yea I got those what do I do now

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
All right guys here's my question I live in a house with 10 other m**** and I can't play video games on my phone because it says the network latency is too high is there any way I can hog all the bandwidth or at least give my phone priority on the network or maybe even kick some people off that way I can play my video games? I'm on The latest version of Android and my phone is a TCL. Thank you very much

is there any way I can hog all the bandwidth or at least give my phone priority on the network
Why is your connection more important than the other paying users of this shared resource?

Reactions: kanewolf
What's the ISP plan speed, and make an model of the router. Every router is different with different software, so you need to be more specific with your plan speed and router model.

A phone and a game should not take much bandwidth. But with 10 people, you may run into issues if someone is downloading a console update or game download. Despite what other on here have said, it's likely those people that are hogging bandwidth which is unfair. A phone game should not use much at all.

If you router has bandwidth allocation, you can limit everyone to a maximum amount of bandwidth, that way if they do a console or game update, they won't saturate the download with just their own bandwidth.

If not, it's best to buy a more advanced router with traffic shaping algorithms like FQ_CODEL or CAKE, which will allocate bandwidth in a more equitable manner.