user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I am in the early stage of hosting my own sites on a Win 2003 server. I know
the general things in preparation for this but know nothing about allocating
enough bandwidth to insure that visitors are not slowed down by my set up. I
have checked everything as best I can but don't know very much about the
various providers and offerings they may have currently. I want to start
with enough bandwidth which seems to be about 384kb down. Does anyone know a
formula for determining the correct amount based on the number of hits or
visitors?

This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and
software, and not networking in general. Since you're speaking of a
specific Windows 2003 instance, I would suggest you post to a more
appropriate newsgroup like microsoft.public.windows.server.networking.
They'll be able to assist you with specifics.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

<anon> wrote in message news:eR5hAtkuEHA.1396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I am in the early stage of hosting my own sites on a Win 2003 server. I
>know
> the general things in preparation for this but know nothing about
> allocating
> enough bandwidth to insure that visitors are not slowed down by my set up.
> have checked everything as best I can but don't know very much about the
> various providers and offerings they may have currently. I want to start
> with enough bandwidth which seems to be about 384kb down. Does anyone know
> formula for determining the correct amount based on the number of hits or
> visitors?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Thank you.
"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and
> software, and not networking in general. Since you're speaking of a
> specific Windows 2003 instance, I would suggest you post to a more
> appropriate newsgroup like microsoft.public.windows.server.networking.
> They'll be able to assist you with specifics.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> <anon> wrote in message news:eR5hAtkuEHA.1396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>I am in the early stage of hosting my own sites on a Win 2003 server. I
>>know
>> the general things in preparation for this but know nothing about
>> allocating
>> enough bandwidth to insure that visitors are not slowed down by my set
>> up. I
>> have checked everything as best I can but don't know very much about the
>> various providers and offerings they may have currently. I want to start
>> with enough bandwidth which seems to be about 384kb down. Does anyone
>> know a
>> formula for determining the correct amount based on the number of hits or
>> visitors?

You're welcome. I'm sure they'll have more information over there in the
other newsgroup.