Banned WoW Player Offers $1000 for Reactivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Serves him right for cheating.
The main reason I gave up on WOW was all the damn gold farmers and blatant cheaters.

legacy-za

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
"Did you catch that? You will definitely get your money if I get my account back. That line itself leaves a window open for the gamer to completely ignore promised payment even if a WoW admin decides to take pity and unlock the user's account."

Sigh, or maybe he just expects that some stranger will rip him off? Besides if he doesn't make the payment the admin can always just ban his account again.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Well there are some things you can get from that prof that could be sold fo alot of gold. The dragon mout comes to mind. So even if his bot setup was not farming ore or collecting herbs he could still have got alot of god from farming that prof. I understand how bad that sucks. I looked at total playtime on my first toon and its something like 40days lol might even be 60.... I havent looked at the other or bothered to add it up as it is a tad depressing lol

(edit) would be great if I could get a spelling bot right LOL

traviskane

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Excellent! No mercy for the cheaters!
Hey, at least this guy understands what he did was wrong.
I've always been paranoid about bans though, on WoW. I wonder if they ever have any false positives in their ban-waves?

computerlame

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
It could also be an interesting way for Blizzard to catch someone they suspect internally of doing something shady in the past.

Personally he should just leave retail and look into playing on a private server. I do and with the money saved I use for more legitimate uses such as upgrades to my machines or extra text books ect for college even though they are not required.

At least when I am banned from a private server I didn't lose much except for my time. There is a few good servers to play out there and have been playing on one for the past two years now. For a few months it was the best experience that I have had in wow. Private servers cut past the bs and save the fun for pvp and great raids.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Yes, because I'm betting that Blizzard has no system in place to track and moderate the actions of their account administrators.

Also betting this has never, ever been attempted before.

/sarcasm.

G

I highly doubt anyone at Blizzard with the power to unban accounts would take the risk to lose their job for about two weeks worth of salary. One can always hope, right?

There was a warning that blizzard's anti-cheat system was beginning to capture data a few weeks ago and whoever wanted to `become` legit in that period could have. If you ignored it and kept `cheating`, you just gave them undeniable evidence against you. Too bad.

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Loser...he has $1000 to spare because he lives in his parents' basement.[/citation]

Ok Mr. Tough guy...

G

Frankly its Blizzards fault for not offering this as a service. They waited 8+ years to ban hundreds of thousands of diablo2 accounts that had the audacity to hax the hex file in order to install more than one copy of the game on their pc which they paid for ...

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Frankly its Blizzards fault for not offering this as a service. They waited 8+ years to ban hundreds of thousands of diablo2 accounts that had the audacity to hax the hex file in order to install more than one copy of the game on their pc which they paid for ...
Out of sheer curiosity why would one want to install 2 copies of a game? And then how would that effect blizzard? And then Is Diablo an online game? I thought it was not and in that case who cares if I cheat my pants off lol. After I play a game the non cheating way a few times it can be fun to cheat. Oblivion comes to mind just use the console and BAM your some uber indestructible wizard guy in 5 mins lol.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]cburke82[/nom]Well there are some things you can get from that prof that could be sold fo alot of gold. The dragon mout comes to mind. So even if his bot setup was not farming ore or collecting herbs he could still have got alot of god from farming that prof. I understand how bad that sucks. I looked at total playtime on my first toon and its something like 40days lol might even be 60.... I havent looked at the other or bothered to add it up as it is a tad depressing lol(edit) would be great if I could get a spelling bot right LOL[/citation]

I've spent more than 200 days ingame according to altoholic. More than half on my main. And he isn't even maxed archaeology - that's how boring that profession is. So while I couldn't afford to make such an offer, I can definetly understand why he'd resort to botting to get it done.
I mean a little while back I considered trying out a fishing bot because I need our guild to fish 10.000 fish just to get a recipe ... I decided to cancel my subscription instead though. Might be easier for blizzard to get rid of players with boring content than by banning.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
HAHAHA lol, banned for botting archeology despite it being a profession with BOP items and non sellable mats.

Meanwhile thousands more bot / afk battlegrounds for free honor and nobody does a thing.

oh well, to date, my WOW "investment" has been $720 for playing since patch 1.12.0

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Loser...he has $1000 to spare because he lives in his parents' basement.[/citation]

Or, you know, he can afford it?? $1000 isn't that much money to a lot of people - certainly not for something that someone's spent so much time on.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

I havent raided in CATA yet but I do have 3 85's and at one point in LK had a top 50 warrior on my server all wile avoiding fishing for the very reason that it was boring lol. I just chose not do do that boaring part of the game :) I do understand his offer with all the time that could be spent. However I have around 40-60 days on my main thats raiding time and all. my Druid I just leveled 1-85 only has just ove 3 days. SO even with say 200 days time If you where to set another account up you could have a very similer account up and running in alot less than 200 days time. You would not have all the acheivements so that would be a major downside. Also the thought or re playing my 3 85's from 1-85 again makes me contemplate suicide lol ( because plaing the same quests and levels again with the same type of toons not because the game it that bad)

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Wellll.... you get the vile of sands (or whatever its called) and you can then craft a 50k gold sellable item :) not to shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.