Question Barebones?

Jul 14, 2022
Hi all: I am thinking of building a new PC, but would rather avoid starting from zero. Does anyone know where I can buy a "barebones" system, with the case, power supply, Motherboard, and Processor pre-assembled?

Dave8671

Distinguished
I always build my cause when building a system quality of the parts are critical. I have not looked at bare bones systems in years. Tigerdirect does offer them the brand is shuttle which shy away from.

I build most of my systems with gigabyte motherboards though I did use MSI motherboard for my linux box which is an AMD Ryzen 5.

When I was researching parts for my windows system I read a lot of articles on the quality of hardware through reviews and bug reports. I avoided a few chip sets do to that due diligence.

What I have seen is bare bones tend to be ITX motherboards which will not have many PCIE expansions. If you are playing games or want too.

Mini ATX or a full ATX will be the best option.

I have to upgrade my windows system next year for win 11 and possibly win12 if the rumors are true.

My very first computer build was a pentium 4 3.0 with windows XP and you know it's still running today. My friends daughter plays old CD games on it sill. It's the beige colored case. But I am sure one day I will get a message from Don that the system has died. It has a ASUS motherboard.

Reactions: JohnStraumann

TRENDING THREADS