Barnes & Noble to Release New Nook Tablet in Fiscal 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ullrich

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
as an employee. BN needs to concentrate on what it already has instead of trying to compete in the tablet market...

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I got an 8gb Nook HD for $80 on cybermonday I think it was. Awesome tablet for the money, great for reading. The real problem B&N has is that their nook books are (in my experience) more expensive than kindle books. Considering that books are their core they should focus on those prices. Also improving the overall user experience, I have a lot of suggestions but I don't know where to post them so they'll read it. The nook shop is fragmented and you're better off browsing the website on the tablet via web browser than using the shop app. What mostly makes my blood boil is that on the nook shop they don't write how many pages a nook book has! All we get is file size so I ended up paying $5 for a freaking pamphlet about "Greenhouse business", which I thought was a book but it were some 18 pages some dude wrote. Ugh...

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I would take a Nook over a Kindle any day, particularly since they have a real Android experience now, and you they have CM support. I got an HD+ when they were insanely cheap and I love the screen and speakers. I've found that I use it even more than a tablet with a better CPU, GPS, and a camera. BN almost abandoned a great product, I'm sure as long as they keep the same basic formula they would be good to go.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I dont think this is a good move on their part. they remained competitive against google/nexus and amazon mainly because they were good tablets that were sold at manufacturing cost. but now that they have a partner, I doubt theyd sell at the same value as they used to. hopefully this new partner isnt crap.I for one would like an improved nook glowlight. I bought the plain nook reader this past christmas (really hard to not buy it at $40), but I quickly grew annoyed at the greyish screen. the present glowlight is on the meh side when compared to amazons models.

Status
Not open for further replies.