kallamamran1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Hello,

I have searched the web for a sollution, but all I can find is people with similar problems, but no apparent sollution or explanation what's going on...

I have two Seagate Barracuda 4TB (ST4000DM004). One (E) of which has been under water for a few hours (turned off) due to water rushing in to our sellar when the snow melted and one completely new (Q).
I was thinking I don't want to rely on the one which has been drying for 5 weeks, but rather I'd want to copy the content to the new drive and trash the old one.
The problem is the speed is incredibly slow!!!

Because of some company policies I can't find a way to share the image other than through Pastebin

Task Manager

Here you can see the new disk (Q) working at 100% constantly to write the data read from the old one (E) which is hardly working at all.

How can this be?

I have AHCI active both in Windows 10 and BIOS and the computer is doing nothing else.
It have been copying for 13h straight now :'(

Should I return the disk and get another one? If so. What would be a better choice? I obviously purchased this one based on price only.

kallamamran

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Oh I'm planning on running SeaTools, but I want the copy done first. It will probably be done within 24h since yesterday, but nearly not 👎 I will get back here with the results of both HDD's afterwards when it's done.

kallamamran1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
SeaTools run and it only reports that everything is fine. All tests runs through with green light and a PASS.
Then I tested CrystalDiskMark and the horror....

https://ibb.co/Ct3dxq9

2019-04-02-205546.jpg

WTH??!!

The new disk is performing WAY slower when it comes to writes. How come. Any ideas??!!