Barton 2500+ getting WAY to hot

well my computer last couple days wont stay on..it just shuts right
off
when i checked the temp it was reading 90C and that for sure is to
hot
tryin to find ideas why this happend and how to fix it
because it was running fine a few days ago

==============

>well my computer last couple days wont stay on..it just shuts right
>off
>when i checked the temp it was reading 90C and that for sure is to
>hot
>tryin to find ideas why this happend and how to fix it
>because it was running fine a few days ago

>Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

Reset the heat sink. You must use thermal compound or the pad that
comes on the HSF. If using the pad you must remove the plastic tape
that covers it. To get that hot I believe it was installed backwards
which is pretty common.